How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
- Mail the non-refundable application fee of $25, payable to Loyola University Maryland to:
Loyola University Maryland
Columbia Graduate Center
8890 McGaw Road
Columbia, MD 21045
- Application materials must be received by Monday, October 3, 2016.
- The applicant will be notified of acceptance into the program in mid-November.
- The Leadership Essentials program is targeted for young professionals in the beginning or middle of their careers.
- Leadership Essentials seeks representation from a cross-section of the community: business, labor, education, the arts, religion, government, and community organizations.
- Applicants must have the support (financial and time commitment) of the organization or corporation they represent.
- Approximately 25 individuals will be selected to participate in the program.
The Leadership Essentials Selection Committee will review all applications and select the participants. The committee evaluates each applicant based upon the merits of the written application and a personal interview. The committee will also consider the diverse skill set and experience of the person, specifically:
- Demonstrated passion, motivation, or commitment to developing as a leader.
- Current use of leadership skills at work or outside of their organization.
- Communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative to take on leadership roles, either in their organization or in a volunteer capacity.
- Sincere desire to participate in community service.
- Leadership Essentials begins in December and ends in June.
- The program kicks off with orientation on Thursday, Dec. 8, 2016 and begins with a retreat consisting of with a half day session on Wednesday, January 18 and a full day session on Thursday, January 19, 2017. Attendance is required at these events.
- The final class schedule will be sent with the participant’s acceptance materials. The monthly workshops are normally held on Thursdays.
- To successfully complete the Leadership Essentials program, participants are expected to attend all class sessions, contribute to a team community service project outside of class time and participate in a coaching relationship. Participants may miss no more than 6 hours of class time in order to successfully complete the program.
- If an applicant is accepted into the program and either does not accept or accepts and is then forced to drop-out of the program, there is no guarantee that the applicant will be accepted into the program in subsequent years. Once the program has begun, no refunds will be issued.
Tuition for each participant is $3200. Tuition is due by December 2, 2016.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-617-2303.