Please complete the online application for Leadership Essentials 2016. For more information email email@example.com or call 410-617-7639.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
- Mail the non-refundable application fee of $25, payable to Loyola University Maryland to:
Loyola University Maryland
Columbia Graduate Center
8890 McGaw Road
Columbia, MD 21045
- Application materials must be received by Friday, October 2, 2015.
- Email the required recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicant will be notified of his/her acceptance into the program by November 13, 2015.
- Application to the Leadership Essentials program is open to persons living or working in the region. This program is targeted for young professionals. Approximately 25 individuals will be selected to participate in the program.
- Leadership Essentials seeks representation from a cross-section of the community—business, labor, education, the arts, religion, government, community-based organizations, ethnic and minority groups.
- Applicants must have the support (financial and time commitment) of the organization or corporation they represent.
The Leadership Essentials Selection Committee will review all applications and select the participants. The Committee evaluates each applicant based upon the merits of the written application and a personal interview.
Based on the application and interview, the Selection Committee will consider the whole person, their level of accomplishment and desire to extend beyond his/her current level of proficiency. The committee will consider the diverse skill set and experience this person would contribute to the class, ongoing education, and/or consistent demonstration of self-improvement/learning. Specifically, the following will be considered:
- Demonstrated passion, motivation, or commitment to developing as a leader.
- Current proficiency of leadership skills at work or outside of their organization. This may include: conflict management, organizational skills, inspiring others, relationship building, and leading teams to meet objectives.
- Communication skills.
- Service on a committee or demonstrated initiative to take on leadership roles, either in their organization or in a volunteer capacity.
- Sincere desire to participate in community service.
- Leadership Essentials begins in December and ends in June. Sessions will normally be held on Thursdays. Some of the class days are half days, while others are full day sessions. Attendance at each class is expected.
- The final class schedule will be sent with the participant’s acceptance materials. The program kicks off with an Orientation/Reception, Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015. The Retreat which consists of an Opening Session, partial day, and all day session will be held on Wednesday afternoon/evening January 20 and Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016. (Both of these are held locally and no overnight is required). Attendance is required at both of these events.
- To successfully complete the Leadership Essentials program, participants are expected to attend all class sessions, contribute to a team community service project outside of class time and participate in a coaching relationship. Participants may miss no more than 6 hours of class time in order to successfully complete the program.
- If an applicant is accepted into the program and either (i) does not accept or (ii) accepts and is then forced to drop-out of the program, there is no guarantee that the applicant will be accepted into the program in subsequent years. Once the program has begun, no refunds will be issued.
Tuition for each participant is $3000. Once a candidate is selected, payment is due by Dec. 4, 2015.