Cyber Security Certificate
A part-time, one-year, graduate certificate program open to any business professional seeking management-level certification and desiring to learn more about information assurance in the broader field of cyber security.
- One-year, part-time, weeknight classes
- Spring entry only, January start
- Offered at Columbia Graduate Center
- Five courses, 15 credits
- Transfer up to 12 credits to/from the Professional’s MBA
- Priority Deadline: Dec. 1; applications accepted on a rolling basis thereafter as space is available
A Managerial Approach to Cyber Security
The Cyber Security Certificate program is for those whose current or future professional responsibilities require them to ensure the security of data in such areas as banking, finance, technology, engineering, human resources, and other fields.
The program is designed to enhance the skills of working professionals through exposure to multiple technologies utilized in cyber security and information assurance; to develop leadership and enterprise-wide strategic thinking in cyber security policy development and procedures; and to produce graduates equipped with both the theoretical and hands-on experience required to be knowledgeable and proficient in cyber security at all management levels.
Learning outcomes for the program include the ability to select and implement security protocols in computer networks for local, national, and multinational organizations; the ability to describe underlying theories and strategies for securing computer networks; and the ability to develop and articulate strategic plans and policies for securing data and computer networks from inside and outside threats.
Possible Career Paths
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
Estimated Program Costs
- Program tuition and fees: $13,950.00*
- Program books and supplies: $750.00*
- On-campus room and board: Not offered
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2015-16 rates.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2014-15, this information may not be disclosed.
- Program length: This 15-credit program is designed to take 12 months (Spring-Summer-Fall) to complete.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2014-15, this information may not be disclosed.
- Job placement rate for this program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
(Download this information)