Summer Entry Only: May 1*
*At the discretion of the department, applications will continue to be reviewed after the application deadline on a space-available basis.
The Accounting Certificate program is not available for international students in need of maintaining full-time student status (9 credits or more per semester) on an F-1 student visa.
Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree in accounting. Students who are scheduled to graduate in May are eligible to apply in the January preceding graduation. Competitive candidates will possess a strong GPA and GMAT scores. The GMAT may be waived with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 overall and in the accounting major. Such a waiver is available only for accounting graduates of Loyola and other AACSB-accredited accounting programs. Please review the GMAT waiver request policy and connect with an admissions advisor for more information.
Learn more about the estimated costs, related standard occupations, and normal completion time for the accounting certificate program.
Accounting Certificate Admissions Requirements
The following materials should be completed online/uploaded on the application:
- Online application form; Non-refundable fee of $60
- Essay/personal statement (the essay prompt can be found on the MyAccount page)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
The following test scores should be submitted directly from the test administrator to Loyola (Loyola's institution code is 5370):
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Score Report. Scores must be within five years of the application deadline. Applicants who have already taken the GRE revised General Test (August 2011 and later) may supply this score in lieu of the GMAT. Scores will be converted using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools produced by the Educational Testing Service. Please review the GMAT waiver request policy.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report. Required if English is not your native language or if you have not completed a degree program taught in English (no more than two years old).
Applicants should request that the following materials be emailed directly to Loyola at email@example.com:
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary colleges or universities attended sent directly to Loyola from institution(s). This includes transcripts from part-time study, study abroad, and bachelor's master's, doctoral degree or advanced certificate credit. Applicants who hold degrees or have earned credits from non-U.S. institutions (not study abroad programs) must have a course-by course evaluation and translation done by a Loyola recognized evaluation services agency. Loyola recommends World Education Services (www.wes.org).
- One professional letter of recommendation
They may also be sent via mail to:
Loyola University Maryland
Office of Graduate Admission
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
Questions about the application or admission process may be directed to the Office of Graduate Business Programs at (410) 617-5067 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that a completed application and all supplemental materials are received by the application deadline. Supplemental materials, once received, become the property of Loyola University Maryland and cannot be returned.