Prerequisites and Basic Competencies
An entering Loyola MBA student must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university and should be able to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Have facility in algebra and the graphing of mathematical functions, graphic interpretation, and probability.
- Proficiency in these areas will be assumed with recent college or graduate level credit (grade of B or better in a single course) in finite mathematics, precalculus, or mathematical models for business.
- Proficiency may also be established through superior GMAT performance or a score of 80 percent or better on the Math Proficiency Exam.
- Be proficient at an intermediate level with spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing software applications and be able to design and manipulate data using these tools.
Download the Math Refresher guide.
This guide is aimed at reviewing some of the mathematical concepts MBA students will encounter in the program. Please don’t hesitate to contact Professor Nancy Williams (email@example.com) for further questions on the math proficiency guide.