An MBA in Finance is available for students seeking leadership positions in the field of finance. The MBA finance specialization prepares students with in-depth courses that advance the understanding of issues particular to the field of finance, including investments, portfolio management, derivative securities, capital markets, corporate finance, international finance, and financial institutions. The program is open to students from a various professional backgrounds and provides them with the enhanced technical skills and subject proficiency for financial expertise.
Finance MBA Curriculum & Course Information
- GB 722 Investment Analysis
And select two of the following courses:
- GB 721 Advanced Financial Analysis
- GB 723 Portfolio Management
- GB 724 Financial Markets and Institutions
- GB 726 International Finance
- GB 727 Investment Banking
- GB 822 Fixed Income Securities
- GB 823 Derivatives and Risk Management
- GB 825 Special Topics in Finance
- GB 827 Valuation
- GB 828 Sellinger Applied Portfolio
Special topics courses are also available for the MBA in finance specialization that are not listed specifically in the course catalogue. Special topic MBA finance courses are updated by academic year or term to discuss contemporary issues in finance and to meet the needs and requests of students.
The Professional’s MBA program includes four elective courses (12 credits) at the upper level. One of the four courses is designated global elective, and the remaining three electives are used to complete an MBA finance specialization.
In addition to an MBA in Finance, our Professional’s MBA program can be customized for five other specializations: