Admission - Executive MBA
The Executive MBA admission committee selects students on the basis of leadership experience and potential, relevant work experience, and academic achievements. The committee also considers factors including professional accomplishments, community service, and extra-curricular activities.
Final Deadline: August 15
At the discretion of the department, applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed after the application deadline on a space-available basis.
The Executive MBA program is not available for students who require an F-1 Student Visa. International applicants with alternative visa statuses may be eligible.
The following documents are required for admission to the Executive MBA program:
- Application form
- Non-refundable fee of $60
- Essay/personal statement outline your interest and goals in pursuing a graduate program
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary colleges or universities attended. This includes transcripts from part-time study, study abroad, coursework taken in high school, and from institutions that have awarded the applicant a bachelor's master's, or doctoral degree or an advanced certificate.
NOTE: Applicants who hold degrees or have earned credits from non-U.S. institutions (not study abroad programs) must have a course-by course evaluation and translation done by a Loyola recognized evaluation services agency. Loyola recommends World Education Services (www.wes.org).
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- One professional letter of recommendation (typically one from an immediate supervisor)
- Personal Interview
- TOEFL Score Report
Note: An official TOEFL score report is required if English is not your native language or if you have not completed a degree program taught in English. Scores cannot be more than two years old. Official scores must be mailed directly from the Educational Testing Service. Loyola's institution code is 5370.
Supplemental application materials should be forwarded directly to the Office of Graduate Admission via mail or email:
Loyola University Maryland
Graduate Admission Processing Center
P.O. Box 1447
Beltsville, MD 20704
Questions about the application or admission process may be directed to the Office of Graduate Business Programs at (410) 617-5067 or via email at email@example.com.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that a completed application and all supplemental materials are received by the application deadline. Supplemental materials, once received, become the property of Loyola University Maryland and cannot be returned.
NOTE: Since Loyola follows a holistic admission process in selecting students for its Executive MBA program, the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is not required of candidates, provided they meet one or more of the following important criteria used to measure an individual's potential for success in the rigorous relevant MBA learning environment:
- Evidence of exposure and success in areas of quantitative study during one's undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate coursework or in one's professional career;
- Evidence of business and/or financial acumen through one's prior career positions, current work, leadership roles and responsibilities, and industry experience;
- Evidence of appropriate written and verbal communication skills following a review of one's admission materials, written personal statement, and one's interview with the assistant dean or assistant director of EMBA programs.