Certificate of Advanced Study in Curriculum and Instruction
Advanced graduate work in Curriculum and Instruction may be pursued beyond the master’s degree in an organized 30-credit program leading to the CAS.
- 12 credit hours of graduate study in the individual’s master’s degree area.
- 12 credit hours of coursework in an additional area (administration and supervision, curriculum and instruction, school counseling, special education).
- Six credit hours of free electives.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
A student’s advisor may make special arrangements for course selection with the approval of the department chairperson.
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
ESTIMATED PROGRAM COSTS
- Program tuition and fees: $15,950.00*
- Program books and supplies: $1,500.00*
- On-campus room and board: Not offered
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2014-15 rates. Rates are subject to change.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2013-14, this information may not be disclosed.
- Program length: This 30-credit program is designed to take 33 months to complete.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2013-14, this information may not be disclosed.
- Job placement rate for this program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
(Download this information)