Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Special Education
Advanced graduate work beyond the master's degree may be pursued in special education. The 30-credit program leads to a Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS).
- 18 hours of coursework in a specific area of concentration
- 12 hours of coursework in other areas
Students must meet with an advisor prior to beginning the CAS.
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
ESTIMATED PROGRAM COSTS
- Program Tuition and fees: $16,025.00*
- Program Books and supplies: $1,500.00*
- On-campus room and board: Not offered
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2014-15 rates. Rates are subject to change.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2013-14, this information may not be disclosed.
- Program length: This 30-credit program is designed to take 45 months to complete.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2013-14, this information may not be disclosed.
- Job placement rate for this program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
(Download this information).