Few things enrich your college education like international experience—that's why more than 60 percent of Loyola University Maryland undergraduates participate in the University's extensive study abroad program. Loyola sponsors study abroad opportunities in 12 countries, and participates in exchange programs with eight. Loyola also assists students in applying to a variety of non-Loyola-affiliated international study programs each year.
Most students go abroad in their junior year, usually for a single semester, although summer and holiday study tours may also be available. There are study abroad programs and exchanges taught in English, total immersion programs taught in the native language or combinations of the two. Loyola has developed study abroad programs to accommodate all majors, but you should begin planning for your international study experience as soon as possible, especially if you plan to major in business, math or science.
International host universities set their own admission standards. To participate in study abroad, you must have at least a 2.5 grade point average at Loyola and must not be on any form of disciplinary probation. Some international programs require a GPA of 3.0 or higher and are more competitive in admission due to a limited number of spaces.
- Alcalá, Spain - Fall or Spring
- Auckland, New Zealand - Fall or Spring
- Bangkok, Thailand - Fall - Read Fr. Linnane's blog from his trip to Thailand in 2007
- Beijing, China - Year Long, Fall or Spring - Read Fr. Linnane's blog from his trip to China in 2009
- Copenhagen, Denmark - Fall or Spring
- Cork, Ireland - Year Long
- Leuven, Belgium - Year Long
- Melbourne, Australia - Fall or Spring
- Newcastle, England - Year Long
- Newcastle, England - Fall (Certain Majors)
- Paris, France - Fall or Spring
- Rome, Italy - Fall or Spring
- San Salvador, El Salvador - Fall or Spring
- Amersterdam, Netherlands
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Osaka, Japan
- Koblenz, Germany
- La Rochelle, France
- Montpellier, France
- Santiago, Chile
- Singapore, China
- Accra, Ghana
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Florence, Italy
- Rome, Italy
Visit the international programs website.