U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” 2015
- Tied for No. 3 (North region)
- Great schools, great prices: No. 15 (North region)
- Highest average amount of need-based aid awarded: No. 13 (North region)
- Highest average freshman retention rate: No. 11, tied (North region)
- Highest 4-year graduation rate (included on national list)
- Highest 6-year graduation rate: No. 5 (North region)
- A-plus schools for B students (on North region list)
- Best undergraduate business programs (included on national list)
- Specialty in finance: No. 15 (national list)
- Specialty in accounting: No. 19 (national list)
- Best undergraduate engineering programs: No. 47, tied (national list)
- Service learning programs (on the list of best in the country)
- Highest percentage of students who study abroad (on the national list)
Princeton Review’s “Best 379 Colleges – 2015 Edition”
- On the list of best 379 colleges in the country
- Residence halls: No. 2 (national list)
- Athletic facilities: No. 5 (national list)
- Best Northeastern Colleges (on the list)
Princeton Review’s “Colleges That Pay You Back – 2015 Edition”
Loyola is one of 200 institutions on this list of top values in higher education. It recognizes colleges and universities for superior academic quality, affordability, and outstanding career preparation.
View the 2015 news release.
Businessweek’s “Best Undergrad B-Schools by Specialty 2013”
- Business Law (No. 2)
- Marketing (No. 5)
- Information Systems (No. 7)
View the Business Law, Marketing, and Information Systems news releases.
Businessweek’s “Best Undergrad B-Schools by Specialty 2012”
- Microeconomics (No. 8)
- Macroeconomics (No. 8)
- Business law (No. 10)
- Information systems (No. 3)
- Ethics (No. 12)
- Marketing (No. 15)
- International business (No. 28)
Princeton Review’s “Guide to 322 Green Colleges” (2013)
This is the second year Loyola has been included in the guide (it’s the fourth annual edition). Loyola and the other “Green Colleges” demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainability in their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities, and career preparation.
View the 2013 news release.
PayScale.com 2014-15 College Salary Report
- Loyola is ranked No. 56 (top-6%) of more than 1,000 U.S. colleges and universities for mid-career salary potential of graduates
- Top-9%, Best Private Institutions by Salary Potential
- Top-3%, Best Religious Schools by Salary Potential
- Top-10%, Best Schools for Sports Fans by Salary Potential
- No. 17, Best Schools by Salary Potential for Business Majors
- No. 2, Best Maryland Colleges by Salary Potential
View the 2014 news release and 2013 news release.
PayScale.com 2015 College ROI Report
- Loyola is ranked No. 73 (top-6%) of more than 1,200 colleges and universities for return on investment
- No. 19, Best Value Colleges for Business Majors
- No. 7, Best Value Religious Schools
- No. 3, Best Value Colleges in Maryland
- No. 39 (of 407), Best Value Private Colleges
View the 2015 news release and 2014 news release.
2014 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
Loyola University Maryland has been named to the 2014 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll by the Corporation for National and Community Service and the U.S. Department of Education. This marks the eighth consecutive year that Loyola has been named to the Honor Roll.
View the 2014 news release and 2013 news release.
Businessweek’s “Best Undergrad B-Schools 2014”
- No. 47 (national list)
- Academic quality: No. 24
- "A" for teaching quality
- "A+" for facilities and services quality
View the 2014 news release.
U.S. News & World Report’s “2013 America’s Best Business Schools”
- Part-time M.B.A.: No. 82 (national list)
- International specialty: No. 22 (national list)
In addition to the U.S. News & World Report ranking, the Sellinger School has been ranked No. 45 overall in BusinessWeek’s 2011 and 2010 "Best Undergraduate B-Schools" and ranked among the best business schools in the world for Executive MBA programs for the past three years by the Financial Times.
Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange (2012)
- Master’s institutions that have the most students who study abroad in one-semester programs: No. 1 (national list)
- Total number of study abroad students, Master’s institutions: No. 6 (national list)
- Undergraduate participation in study abroad, Master’s institutions: No. 6 (national list)
AACSB Accreditation for Sellinger School of Business and Management (2012)
Loyola University Maryland’s Sellinger School of Business and Management has maintained its accreditation in accounting by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Less than two percent of business schools in the world are dually accredited in both business and accounting. Founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest-serving global accrediting body for schools offering undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting.
Financial Times – World’s top executive MBA programs (2011)
- Listed as a top 100 Executive MBA program in the world