Recognizing that faculty, staff, and administrators who are working remotely will have particular opportunities and challenges during this time, the University has compiled some resources that may be helpful to employees and their families.
Prayerful hope for the Loyola community
Remote Working Tips
Health and Wellness
- Maryland Department of Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Baltimore County Department of Health: The County has a hotline for residents to call with questions or concerns about COVID-19. The number is 410-887-3816. The hotline is open seven days a week, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Loyola TIAA Retirement Plan: For a retirement plan checkup, call TIAA at 1-800-842-2273 or visit https://tiaa.org/loyolamd
- Loyola’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP through KEPRO provides free professional and confidential assessment, referrals, and short-term problem-solving to benefits eligible faculty, staff and administrators and their family members. For telephone support and/or counseling, contact The EAP at 1-800-765-0770, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- For additional resources related to coping with the COVID-19 Crisis, please visit the www.EAPhelplink.com, Company Code “LOYOLA.” Once on the site, you can look for Online Seminars in the lower left-hand corner of this homepage or you can search for them by title.
- COVID-19 Pandemic Your EAP is Here to Help
- How to Talk to Children and Teens about the Coronavirus
- Managing Employees During Uncertain Times
- Managing Stress during Times of Pandemic
- Self-Care During Self-Isolation
- How Loyola can help during challenging times
- Headspace: This mindfulness app is offering free support during the global crisis.
- Cigna Telehealth Connection: Cigna provides access to two telehealth services for participants in Loyola’s employee medical plans –AmWell and MDLIVE. Cigna Telehealth Connection lets you get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions. Connect with a board-certified doctor via secure video chat or phone, without leaving your home or office 24/7/365. To register:
- COVID-grief presentation (offered by Loyola's Counseling Center)
- Supporting Students and Ourselves (offered by Loyola's Counseling Center)
- Grief Responses to COVID (offered by Loyola's Counseling Center)
- Loyola’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP through KEPRO provides free grief support to individuals. For telephone support and/or counseling, contact The EAP at 1-800-765-0770, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional resources related to coping with the COVID-19 Crisis, please visit the www.EAPhelplink.com, Company Code “LOYOLA.” For information about support for workplace teams, please reach out to your HR partner.
- Campus Ministry may also be available to provide support to colleagues when a loss occurs that touches a department or team within the University.
Financial and Food Assistance
Training and Learning Opportunities
Care for Senior Relatives
- Senior Call Check Program: Free, opt-in, telephonic service to check on Maryland’s older residents, all across the state. Call toll-free 866-502-0560.
- If there are factors that prevent participants from picking up a meal, meals can be delivered as an option by calling the Maryland Access Point at 410-396-CARE (2273), for eligibility into the home-delivered meal program. Information about senior center locations can also be found by calling the Maryland Access Point number.
Resources for Parents
Exercise and Wellness
Arts and Crafts