Assistant Professor of Political Science
Office: Humanities 250N
- Ph.D. University of Minnesota, Political Science
- M.A. University of Minnesota, Political Science
- B.A. Miami University of Ohio, Interdisciplinary Studies
Transitional justice, human rights, norms and institutions, democracy and democratization, civil war, international law
Lynch, Moira. 2015. “A Theory of Human Rights Accountability and Emergency Law: Bringing in Historical Institutionalism,” The Journal of Human Rights 14(4): 504-524.
Lynch, Moira and Bridget Marchesi. 2015. “The Adoption and Impact of Transitional Justice,” in Post-Communist Transitional Justice: Lessons from 25 Years of Experience, Lavinia Stan and Nadya Nedelsky, eds. New York: Cambridge University Press.
Lynch, Moira. 2013. “Transitional Justice Methods, Processes and Practices: Purges,” in The Encyclopedia of Transitional Justice, Lavinia Stan and Nadya Nedelsky, eds. New York: Cambridge University Press.
Lynch, Moira. Review of Ellen L. Lutz and Caitlin Reiger (eds.). 2010. Prosecuting Heads of State. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009. Law and Politics Book Review 20(7): 287-291.
- PS 350 Comparative Politics
- PS 352 Gender, Human Rights, and Conflict
- PS 360 Transitional Justice
- PS 365 International Politics
- PS 101 Politics
- PS 101 Honors Politics
- PS 101 Messina: The Good Life? The Politics of Power, War and Peace
Fellowships, Grants, and Awards
- Peace and Justice Studies Course Development Grant, 2016
- Summer Research Grant, Loyola University Maryland, 2015
- Summer Research Grant, Loyola University Maryland, 2013
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, University of Minnesota, 2010-2011
- Scholarly Travel Grant, University of Minnesota, Fall 2010/Spring 2012
- Graduate Research Partnership Program Fellowship, University of Minnesota, Summer 2010
- Visiting Scholar, Oñati International Institute for the Sociology of Law, Gipuzkoa, Spain, Summer 2010
- Best Graduate Student Paper Award, International Studies Association-West Conference, San Francisco, California, 2009
- Transitional Justice Institute Research Fellowship, University of Minnesota Law School/University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, Summer 2009
- Foreign Language Area Studies Association Fellowship, Arabic Study, University of Minnesota. Summer 2007
- Wimmer Research Fellowship, University of Minnesota, Summers 2007 – 2009, 2011