Our mission is to work collaboratively to transform life science education, as a means to promote STEM careers in high school and college students, and to prepare graduates for the bioscience workforce.
- Transform undergraduate curricula with an infusion of collaborative approaches, developed and taught with stakeholders from the bioscience community;
- Develop undergraduate curricula that train students broadly using interdisciplinary approaches, so that students have multiple career choices;
- Attract and retain top notch talent to bioscience careers in Maryland and the BioHealth Capital Region;
- Increase participation of women and underrepresented groups in STEM careers in the BioHealth Capital Region;
- Create authentic research and career opportunities for students, earlier in their careers, so that they identify themselves as scientists and are better informed about career choices;
- Function as an education partner with the region’s universities in curriculum reform as well as collaborate with other organizations, industry, government agencies, and the private sector to promote BioHealth-related careers to students throughout the region.