Associate Professor & Department Chair
Computer Science Department
Donnelly Science, Room 127B
Walk-in or by appointment. Students currently in a course with Dr. Olsen should consult Moodle for course office hours.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2011
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2009
- B.S., Computer Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2005
Courses Commonly Taught
- CS151 - Introduction to programming with python
- CS455 - Human Computer Interaction
- CS466 - Operating Systems
- CS703 - Programming for Data Science
- CS737 - Machine Learning
- Complex Systems
- Self-organizing Systems
- Computational Biology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Simulation Validation
Megan Olsen, Mohammad Raunak. Chapter 8 - Quantitative Measurements of Model Credibility, Editor(s): Lin Zhang, Bernard P. Zeigler, Yuanjun laili. Model Engineering for Simulation, Academic Press, 2019, Pages 163-187, ISBN 9780128135433.
- M. Olsen. Stigmergy for Biologial Spatial Modeling. Complex Adaptive Systems: Views from the Physical, Natural, and Social Sciences. Carmichael, Ted, Collins, Andrew, Hadzikadic, Mirsad (Eds.). Springer, 2019, 169-197.
- M. Olsen, M. Raunak. Increasing Validity of Simulation Models Through Metamorphic Testing. IEEE Transactions on Reliability. 68(1):91-108. March 2019.
- M. Olsen and R. Fraczkowski. Coevolution in Predator Prey through Reinforcement Learning. Journal of Computational Science, 9:118-124, 2015.