Assistant Teaching Professor
Humanities 242 K
Department of English
Loyola University Maryland
4501 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
- Ph.D., Morgan State University
- M.S., Towson University
- B.S., Villa Julie College (presently Stevenson University)
- EN 101: Understanding Literature
- EN 203: Major Writers: American Literature
- “Is Mediation Too Feminine for Him? Understanding Men and Masculinity During Mediation Communication.” Communication and Conflict Studies: Disciplinary Connections, Research Directions. Ed. Lamberti, Adrienne P. and Anne R. Richards. Palgrave Publishing. 2019. (ISBN: 978-3-030-32746-0)
- “The Most Dangerous Woman in a Space Western: Redefining Gamora as a Female Native American in Guardians of the Galaxy.” Women’s Space: Essays on Female Characters in the Twenty-first Century Science Fiction Western. Ed. Melanie Marotta. McFarland Publishing, 2019. (ISBN: 978-1-4766-7660)
- “Thousands of Miles and Many Centuries: Eastern Mysticism and Spiritual Possession in Twin Peaks.” Supernatural Studies Journal. vol. 5, no. 2. Winter 2019, pp120-144
- “It’s Okay to Stare: Visual and Unseen Disabilities in Comic Book Superheroes.” Journal of Science Fiction. vol. 3. No. 2. July 2019. pp. 93-108.
- “Repo Man.” Aliens in Popular Culture: A Guide to Visitors from Outer Space. Eds. Michael M. Levy and Farah Mendlesohn. Greenwood, 2019. ABC-CLIO, publisher.abcclio.com/9781440838330, pp. 213-214.
- “Superman.” Aliens in Popular Culture: A Guide to Visitors from Outer Space. Eds. Michael M. Levy and Farah Mendlesohn. Greenwood, 2019. ABC-CLIO, publisher.abcclio.com/9781440838330, pp. 255-257.