Professor of English
Beatty Hall 204
Loyola University Maryland
4501 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21210
- EN367 Representing Segregation
- EN367 American Feminist Public Intellectuals
- EN371 Contemporary Literature
- EN373 African American Literature
- EN378 Ethnic American Literature
- EN379 Dead Women Talking
- EN388 James Baldwin seminar
* Many of my courses incorporate service-learning and other experiential paths.
• Dead Women Talking: Figures of Injustice in American Literature (Johns Hopkins, 2013)
• Neo-Segregation Narratives: Jim Crow in Post-Civil Rights American Literature (Georgia, 2010)
• The American Protest Essay and National Belonging (SUNY, 2007)
• Representing Segregation, edited with Piper Kendrix Williams (SUNY, 2010)
- Community gardens, used bookstores, op-ed sections, protest movements, horror films, and tasty vegetarian food. And also cats.