Humanities 242 D
Department of English
Loyola University Maryland
4501 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
- Ph.D. in English, Louisiana State University
- M.A. in Literature, American University
- B.A in English, Michigan State University
- EN 101: Understanding Literature
- EN 347: Romantic Revolutions: Poetry, Politics, and Culture
- EN 350: The Romantic Movement
- EN 354: The Gothic Tradition
Recent Publications (selected)
"The Erotics of Teasing in Pride and Prejudice" (Forthcoming in 2019/2020)
"Reciprocity and Hospitality in Persuasion" (Forthcoming in 2019)
"Habit and Reimagining Female Identity in Mansfield Park." Persuasions 36.1 (2014): 89–99.
“Habit and Reimagining Female Identity in Mansfield Park” (Forthcoming in Persuasions)
“De Quincey, Coleridge, and the Literary Model of Habit.” Nineteenth-Century Prose 40.1 (2013): 27–60.
“Samuel Smiles, Nicolas-Edme Restif, and Habit in Self-Help.” Notes and Queries 60.2 (2013): 263.
“First Encounters with Pride and Prejudice in the Composition Classroom.” Pedagogy 12.3 (2012): 550–55.
Areas of interest
British Romanticism, novels of Jane Austin, Gothic literature
Tennis; Detroit Tigers baseball; French (Conversational); Gardening (Aspirational); Volunteer Fundraising for Mt. Washington School; Board member for Knock Out Youth Violence