Loyola University Maryland
4501 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21210
Phone: (410) 617-2025
- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University
- EN 101 Writing the Body:Disability Literature
- EN 201 Why Satan Matters or, Sympathy for the Devil
- EN 203 Prison Literature
- EN 300 Literary History to 1800
- EN 320 Milton
- EN 325 Literature and the English Revolution
- EN 327 Seventeenth-Century Transatlantic Women Writers
- EN 327 Writing Behind Bars in Early Modern England
- EN 409 Books of Conscience
- Writing Conscience and the Nation in Revolutionary England, forthcoming University of Toronto Press, Fall 2017
- "John Milton, Oliver Cromwell, and the Cause of Conscience," Studies in Philology 112:4 (2015):774-797
- "Academic Guilt," in How to Build a Life in the Humanities, ed. Greg Colón Semenza and Garrett A. Sullivan, Jr. (Palsgrave Macmillan, 2015), 83-90
- "Lucy Hutchinson's Revisions of Conscience," English Literary Renaissance 42:2 (2012): 317-341.
- "Early Quaker Writing, Oliver Cromwell, and the Nationalization of Conscience," Exemplaria 24:1-2 (2012): 112-126
- "Restoration Dissent, Conscience, and the Paradise Within in Paradise Lost," in To Repair the Ruins: Reading Milton, ed. Mary C. Fenton and Louis Schwartz (Pittsburgh: Duquesne University Press, 2012), 173-194.