Lecturer-Visiting Assistant Professor
Humanities 243 G
Department of English
Loyola University Maryland
4501 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- M.A., University of Connecticut
- B.A., Messiah College
- EN 101: Understanding Literature
- In Progress -“Old Age Pensions and Ex-Slave Reparations: Failures of the Early American Welfare State.” Solicited by Radical History Review for “Critical Histories of Aging and Later Life.”
- “What’s in a Name? Vincent Ogé, Toussaint Louverture, and George Boyer Vashon’s Revision of the Haitian Revolution.” American Literature 91, no. 2 (2019): 237-62.
- “Superannuated: Old Age on the Antebellum Plantation.” American Quarterly 71, no. 3 (2019): 767-87.
- “The Slope of the Years: Sister Carrie and Narratives of Aging in Late Nineteenth-Century American Literature.” Forthcoming in Studies in American Fiction. 31 MS pp.
- “A Tale of Two Uncles: Uncle Tom, Uncle Remus, and Old Age.” Common-place 17, no. 2 (2017): n. pag. <common-place.org/book/a-tale-of-two-uncles-the-old-age-of-uncle-tom- and-uncle-remus/>.