High-Impact Practices Faculty Fellow (2019-2021)
Humanities 242 C
Department of English
Loyola University of Maryland
4501 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
- Ph.D., University of Southern California
- EN 392 Topics in Literatures of the Americas
- EN 391 Topics in Multiethnic U.S. Literature
- EN 390 Literature of the U.S./Mexico Border
- EN 367 First-Generation Writing: Migration and Memory in Recent American Literature
- EN 101 The Stranger: Literature and the Ethics of Hospitality
- The Pan American Imagination: Contested Visions of the Hemisphere in Twentieth Century Literature. New World Studies Series, University of Virginia Press, 2014.
Nominated for the Susanne M. Glasscock Humanities Book Prize for Interdisciplinary Scholarship.
- "Free Trade Masculinities and the Literature of NAFTA,” in Routledge Companion to Literature & Economics. Matt Seybold, ed. (Routledge 2018).
- "Haunting the Plantation: The Global Southern Gothic in Eric Walrond’s Tropic Death,” Southern Quarterly 55.4 (Summer 2018), Special Issue: The Caribbean South.
- “‘Say, Is This the USA’? Documenting Modernity in Cuba and the US South,” Comparative American Studies 10.4 (December 2012).
- “Academic Discourse at Havana: Pan American Eugenics and Transnational Capital in Alejo Carpentier’s ¡Écue-Yamba-Ó!,” Modern Fiction Studies 58.1 (Spring 2012).
- “Mesoamerican Modernism: William Carlos Williams and the Archaeological Imagination,” Journal of Modern Literature 34.4 (Summer 2011).
Areas of Interest
- 20th-Century American Literature, Multiethnic U.S. Literature