Lecturer-Visiting Affiliate Assistant Professor
Humanities 242 D
Department of English
Loyola University Maryland
4501 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
- Ph.D, The George Washington University
M.A., Marquette University
- B.A., California State University, Northridge
- EN 101: Understanding Literature
- EN 337: Seminar: Pirates, Slaves & Witches: Reading the Eighteenth Century (British Caribbean)
- Barnett-Woods, Victoria. Cultural Economies of the Atlantic World: Objects and Capital in the Transatlantic Imagination. Routledge. 2020.
- Article Under Revision: “Maritime Mercenaries and the Politics of Piracy: The Narrative of Alonzo Ramírez and Defoe’s Captain Singleton.” Under revision for Summer 2019 issue of Digital Defoe: Studies in Defoe and His Contemporaries.
- Barnett-Woods, Victoria. “Models of Morality: The Bildungsroman and Social Reform in The Female American and The Woman of Colour.” Women’s Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal 45:7 (2016). 613-623.
- Barnett-Woods, Victoria. “Passing Through the Cracks: Gossip and Subversion in Forster’s A Passage to India and Sidhwa’s Cracking India.” The Word Hoard 1:4 (2015). 61-74.
- Book Chapter in Progress: “Transatlantic Domesticity and the Limits of a Genre” for edited collection on Alternative Perspectives on Home. Edited by Karen Lipsedge and Stephen Hague.
- Book Chapter in Progress: “The Woman of Colour” in Handbook of the British Novel in the Long Eighteenth Century
- Forthcoming: “Creole Nationalism, Mobility, and Gendered Politics in Zelica the Creole.” In Krueger, Misty (Ed.), Transatlantic Women Travelers. To be published with Bucknell University Press, Winter 2018.
- Forthcoming: “Fetishes and the Fetishized: Obeah and the Material World of the Black Atlantic” in Cultural Economies of the Atlantic World: Objects and Capital in the Transatlantic Imagination. Ed. Victoria Barnett-Woods. Routledge.
- Barnett-Woods, Victoria. “Introduction.” Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. Bloomington: Caribe House Press, 2016. Pp ix-xxvii.
- In Progress: Review of Jennifer Diggins, Coastal Sierra Leone for the journal Global Maritime History.
- Barnett-Woods, Victoria. “Histories of Imperial Vision.” Review Article of Abigail Swingen's Competing Visions of Empire and Lisa Lowe's The Intimacies of Four Continents. New Perspectives on the Eighteenth Century, Spring 2017, p. 68.
- Barnett-Woods, Victoria. “Review of Sunil Agnani’s Hating Empire Properly: The Two Indies and the Limits of Enlightenment Anticolonialism.” South Asian Review, vol. 38:1 (2017), p.127.
- Article in Progress: “Justice on Trial: Obeah and Colonial Law in British Guiana.”
- Article in Progress: “Complicated Embodiments: Race, Desire and Death in Claire de Duras’ Ourika.”