Assistant Professor of Political Science
Office: Humanities 250N
- Ph.D. University of Minnesota, Political Science
- M.A. University of Minnesota, Political Science
- B.A. Miami University of Ohio, Interdisciplinary Studies
Transitional justice, human rights, norms and institutions, democracy and democratization, civil war, international law
- Lynch, Moira. “Localizing Gender Equality After Conflict," Peace Review. Forthcoming, March (2019).
- Lynch, Moira. 2018. Human Rights Prosecutions in Democracies at War, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Lynch, Moira. 2015. “A Theory of Human Rights Accountability and Emergency Law: Bringing in Historical Institutionalism,” The Journal of Human Rights 14(4): 504-524.
- Lynch, Moira and Bridget Marchesi. 2015. “The Adoption and Impact of Transitional Justice,” in Post-Communist Transitional Justice: Lessons from 25 Years of Experience, Lavinia Stan and Nadya Nedelsky, eds. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Lynch, Moira. 2013. “Transitional Justice Methods, Processes and Practices: Purges,” in The Encyclopedia of Transitional Justice, Lavinia Stan and Nadya Nedelsky, eds. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Lynch, Moira. Review of Ellen L. Lutz and Caitlin Reiger (eds.). 2010. Prosecuting Heads of State. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009. Law and Politics Book Review 20(7): 287-291.
- PS 350 Comparative Politics
- PS 352 Gender, Human Rights, and Conflict
- PS 360 Transitional Justice
- PS 365 International Politics
- PS 101 Politics
- PS 101 Honors Politics
- PS 101 Messina: The Good Life? The Politics of Power, War and Peace
Fellowships, Grants, and Awards
- Peace and Justice Studies Course Development Grant, 2016
- Summer Research Grant, Loyola University Maryland, 2015
- Summer Research Grant, Loyola University Maryland, 2013
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, University of Minnesota, 2010-2011
- Scholarly Travel Grant, University of Minnesota, Fall 2010/Spring 2012
- Graduate Research Partnership Program Fellowship, University of Minnesota, Summer 2010
- Visiting Scholar, Oñati International Institute for the Sociology of Law, Gipuzkoa, Spain, Summer 2010
- Best Graduate Student Paper Award, International Studies Association-West Conference, San Francisco, California, 2009
- Transitional Justice Institute Research Fellowship, University of Minnesota Law School/University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, Summer 2009
- Foreign Language Area Studies Association Fellowship, Arabic Study, University of Minnesota. Summer 2007
- Wimmer Research Fellowship, University of Minnesota, Summers 2007 – 2009, 2011