Office: Beatty Hall 210
- B.A. (Psychology) - Swarthmore College
- M.S. (Clinical Psychology) - University of Georgia
- Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology) - University of Georgia
- Pre-doctoral Internship - Homewood Hospital Center
- Post-doctoral Fellowship - The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Licensed Psychologist in Maryland
- PY 101 - Introductory Psychology
- PY 261 - Introduction to Health Psychology
- PY 325 - Managing Stress and Tension
- Everly, G. S., Jr., & Lating, J. M. (2022). The Johns Hopkins guide to psychological first aid (2nd ed.). Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Everly, G. S., Jr., & Lating, J. M. (2019). A clinical guide to the treatment of the human stress response (4th ed.). New York: Springer Science + Business Media.
- Everly, G. S., Jr., & Lating, J. M. (2022). Psychological first aid (PFA) and disasters. International Review of Psychiatry, 33(8), 718-727. [doi]
- Despeaux, K. E., Lating, J. M., Everly, G. S., Jr., Sherman, M. F., & Kirkhart, M. W. (2019). A randomized controlled trial assessing the efficacy of group psychological first aid. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 207(8), 626-632. [doi]
- Lating, J. M., Moore, R. A., Sherman, M. F., Kirkhart, M. W., Everly, G. S., Jr., & Chen, J. K. (2017). Political affiliation, probable PTSD, and symptoms of depression in Iraq and Afghanistan combat veterans: A pilot study. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 205(10), 809-811. [doi]
Areas of Specialization
My primary research and clinical interests focus on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), psychological first aid (PFA), treatment of the human stress response, training in peer support, and crisis intervention strategic planning.