Doctor of Audiology, Central Michigan University, B.S and M.S., Towson University
Areas of specialization
Auditory Processing Disorders in Children; Aural Rehabilitation in Children and Adults; Identification of hearing deficits in children with a special interest in children with multiple disabilities, including blindness,and autism spectrum disorders
Donna is a Past President of Maryland Academy of Audiology and served as Convention Chair for four years. She enjoys spending time with her children, and walking and hiking with her two dogs Mandy and Shakespeare
Achievements (Past 5 Years)
- Pitts, D.L. (2014). Auditory Processing Disorders in Children. In M.R. Kerins, Childhood Communication Disorders; San Diego:Plural Publishing
- Pitts, D.L. (2013). “Is noise induced hearing loss in adolescents a global issue?” Perspectives on Global Issues in Communication Sciences and Related Disorders; 3(2), 68-72. doi: 10.1044/gics3.2.68
- Pitts, D.L. & Ward, K.K. (2010). “Do you think hearing loss in aging is normal? Think again!" Perspectives on Gerontology; 15, 26-31. doi: 10.1044/gero15.1.26
- Pitts, D.L. (2015). "Pre- & Post-Hearing Measures Following a Two-Hour Exposure to High Intensity Music." Poster Session at American Speech Language Hearing Association Annual Conference, Denver, CO.
- Pitts, D.L. & Hughes, K.A. (2014). “Noise exposure from movie theaters: Is there a potential for hearing loss?” Poster Session at American Speech Language Hearing Association Annual Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Pitts, D.L (2014). “Noise induced hearing loss among adolescents in recreational activities.” Poster session at Maryland Academy of Audiology Annual Convention, Severn, MD.
- Pitts, D.L. & Ward, K.K. (2013). “Auditory processing disorders in children: The latest in diagnosis and treatment.” Invited clinical track presentation at Maryland Academy of Audiology Annual Convention, Columbia, MD
- Pitts, D.L (2013). “The global impact of adolescent noise induced hearing loss” Invited research track presentation at Maryland Academy of Audiology Annual Convention, Columbia, MD
- Walden, T., & Spoor, A.D.D., & Pitts, D.L (2012). “Audiology as a health care profession.” Invited plenary Session at National Association of Advisors for Health Professionals (NAAHP), Baltimore, MD
- Pitts, D.L. & Ward, K.K. (2010). “Strategies for improving communication in older adults with hearing impairment.” Invited clinical track presentation at Maryland Academy of Audiology Annual Convention, Baltimore, MD