Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, Doctorate in Education (Ed. D.), concentration in Special Education, May, 2002.
Loyola College, Baltimore, MD, Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in Speech-Language Pathology, 1993.
Towson State University, Towson, MD, M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology, 1985.
Towson State University, Towson, MD, B.S. in Speech-Language Pathology, 1982.
Areas of Specialization
Autism Spectrum Disorders; Language Development; Ignatian Pedagogy; White Privilege
Achievements (past 2 years)
- Coiro, M.J., & Preis, J. (2018). Increases in graduate students’ interprofessional competence associated with clinical training activities. Health and Interprofessional Practice, 3(3), 1-12. Doi: https://doi.org/10.7710/2159-1253.1142
- Wilson, K., & Preis, J. (2018). Ability of adults with autism spectrum disorder to identify emotions using visual and musical stimuli. International Journal on Disability and Human Development, 17(2), 1-12.
- Coiro, M.J., Kotchick, B., & Preis, J. (2016). Youth social skills groups: A training platform for promoting graduate clinician interprofessional competence. Journal of Interprofessional Education & Practice, 4, 89-92. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.xjep.2016.04.004
- Preis, J., Arnon, R., Silbert, D., & Rozegar, A. (2015). Does music matter? The effects of background music on verbal expression and engagement in children with autism. Music Therapy Perspectives, (Advance access), 1-10. doi: 10.1093/mtp/miu044
- Preis, J., & McKenna, M. (2014). Sensory integration therapy and expressive language of children with autism. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 21(10), 476-486. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.12968/ijtr.2014.21.10.476
- Preis, J. (2014). Autism spectrum disorders. In M. Kerins (Ed.), Communication Disorders in Children and Adolescents, Organic Bases, Second Edition (pp. 3-56). San Diego: Plural Publishing.
- Preis, J., & Stauder, E. (2014). Reflective writing: From pedagogy to practice in a Jesuit university. Jesuit Higher Education: A Journal, 3(1), 19-28.
Preis, J. (August, 2013). The effects of teaching about white privilege in speech-language pathology. Perspectives on Communication Disorders and Sciences in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Populations, 20, 2, 72-83. doi: 10.1044/cds20.2.72