The National Student Speech-Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA) is the national organization for graduate and undergraduate students interested in the study of normal and disordered human communication. There are currently 13,000 members with chapters at more than 300 colleges and universities.
The NSSLHA graduate chapter at Loyola University Maryland, which was established in 2015, is recognized as an on campus student group within the Speech- Language department at Loyola University. NSSLHA holds 30-minute monthly meetings on Mondays at the Columbia campus to discuss relevant topics in the field, philanthropic and volunteer opportunities, and methods to promote NSSLHA in the greater community. Furthermore, NSSLHA chapter allows members to collaborate as rising clinicians and provide one another with information and support to advance our clinical knowledge and experience. Together the NSSLHA chapter at Loyola allows members to share experiences and collaborate as a group to form a strong community with our peers as well as with the greater community.
Please visit our Facebook page.
If you are interested in finding out more information or would like to join the NSSLHA chapter at Loyola University Maryland, please contact Kathryn Petti at email@example.com or Jackie D'Antonio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about NSSLHA from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association please visit http://www.asha.org/nsslha/. To join, visit http://www.asha.org/members/nsslha/ (note: 2016 membership is not available until September 1, 2015)
- "Members Only" Access: Access to the "members only" areas of the NSSLHA and ASHA websites, which include all ASHA journals, NSSLHA Community discussions, In the Loop—NSSLHA's monthly e-mail announcement service, and convenient membership dues renewal.
- Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders: NSSLHA's journal, Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders (CICSD), is available online only. Members can receive print issues on demand.
- NSSLHA Now!: Members receive two issues of NSSLHA's newsletter, NSSLHA Now! The newsletter prints two times a year, in April and November.
- The ASHA Leader: Members receive a print subscription to the The ASHA Leader, the ASHA members' newsletter. The online archive of The ASHA Leader is available on the ASHA website.
- ASHA Journals: Members have online access to all of the following ASHA journals: American Journal of Audiology; American Journal of Speech Language Pathology; Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research; and Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools. The ASHA journals are available on the ASHA website exclusively.
- Reduced Registration to the ASHA Convention
- Discounted Special Interest Group Membership
- ASHA and NSSLHA Product Discounts
- Liability, Medical, and Dental Insurance
- NSSLHA-to-ASHA Membership Conversion Discount
- Subaru VIP Program Privileges
Loyola NSSLHA Board