- Transfer courses require the prior written permission of AASC and the respective department chair. All courses will be reviewed, regardless of mode of delivery, including core courses.
- Only 2 transfer courses may be taken in any given summer. Residency requirement applies.
- A grade of C or better is required of all transfer courses, including labs. Courses and labs with grades of C- or lower will not transfer.
- Transfer courses must be a minimum of 3, 4, or 5 credits (semester hours), unless the course is a lab associated with a course.
- Summer transfer courses cannot overlap with the Loyola academic term during which the student is enrolled.
- The diversity requirement must be completed at Loyola.
- Upper-division business courses must be taken at AACSB-accredited institutions.
- If you went abroad on a non-Loyola program, it may be that you cannot transfer any more courses due to Loyola's residency requirement. Please check with AASC.
- An official transcript from the transfer school must be requested by you immediately upon completion of the course in order to award transfer credit. Send official transcripts directly to: Maria Schwartz, Academic Advising and Support Center, Maryland Hall 138, Loyola University Maryland, 4501 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210. Electronic official transcripts should be sent directly to Maria Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the form below if you intend to transfer a summer course to Loyola. For abroad summer course reviews, contact the office of international programs, Humanities 132, 410-617-2910.
- AASC will send the approval/denial notification to your Loyola email address.
- Fall 2015 courses: If you intend to register for a Fall 2015 course and you are completing the prerequisite to that Fall course at another college or university in the summer, you must have a summer away request in process with AASC prior to your Loyola fall registration day. On your assigned registration day/time, first register for all courses possible in WebAdvisor. Come to AASC in Maryland Hall 138 immediately afterwards to register for that Fall course for which you are completing the prerequisite this summer. WebAdvisor will not permit you to register for a course if you have not completed the prerequisite. Study abroad students: Submit the summer away form and then inform your program coordinator that you are taking a summer away course as a prerequisite to a Fall 2015 course. The program coordinator will then need to register you for that Fall 2015 course.
- Requests will be processed in the order they are received. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
For transfer and residency policy information, see the sections labeled admission (Transfer Students) and curriculum and policies (Policies-Courses at Other Colleges, Policies-Residency Requirement, and Grades) in the 2014- 2015 Undergraduate Catalogue.
Fields marked with a * are required.