- Launch of Global Awareness, Engagement and Learning initiative with ACE Laboratory.
- December 14 & 15- Dr. Susan Sutton, Senior Associate for Internationalization, Center for Internationalization and Global Engagement, American Council on Education visits Loyola to speak with the ACE Laboratory Task Force and other campus leaders.
- January 17- ACE Laboratory Task Force Chair, Dr. Jen Lowry and Special Assistant to the Task Force, Astrid Schmidt-King to attend the Combined Governance meeting and update the campus community on the ACE Laboratory initiative.
- January 24- Press release announcing ACE Laboratory participation is released.
The Task Force is meeting bi-weekly during the fall semester. Sub-groups are engaging in targeted conversations around four main areas: curriculum and co-curriculum, faculty and staff policies and procedures, student mobility, and community partnerships. Conversations will resume with the larger Loyola community toward the end of the fall semester and throughout the spring semester.
- The ACE Peer Review visit will be held on Monday, April 23 and Tuesday, April 24. The peer review visit is part of Loyola’s participation in the American Council on Education Internationalization Laboratory. This is the final step with our engagement with the American Council on Education's Internationalization Lab, a recommendation in Loyola’s Strategic Plan.
The purpose for the peer review visit is constructive and provides an opportunity for external reviewers to meet with a diverse cross section of campus stakeholders in order to assess the status of the Loyola-ACE Global Awareness, Engagement and Learning initiative. Your conversations with the reviewers, as integral members of Loyola’s community, is critically important.
The team, comprised of seasoned international officers, will provide insight and suggestions as to how we can most effectively implement recommendations best tailored for Loyola. Though this is a social event, the members of the team will be interested to hear about how you believe your work may intersect with and support this important strategic initiative.
Members of the Loyola Peer Review Team include:
Dr. Susan Sutton—our ACE Lab mentor and former senior advisor for international initiatives in the office of the president at Bryn Mawr College, emerita associate vice president of international affairs, and emerita chancellor’s professor of anthropology for Indiana University
Dr. Cheryl Matherly—vice president and vice provost for international affairs at Lehigh University; in our ACE Lab cohort, and an aspirational school for us regarding internationalization efforts
Dr. Jack Lule—Iacocca professor & chair of the department of journalism & communication, and professor of global studies at Lehigh University; also on Lehigh’s ACE Lab team
Dr. Susan Mackey-Kallis—professor of communication at Villanova. She led Villanova’s ACE Lab efforts, served as an ACE Fellow, and has periodically held positions in the Provost’s office