Loyola's Phonathon program calls alumni and parents to raise financial support for the Evergreen Annual Fund. Phonathon is a year-long effort driven by more than 40 enthusiastic students, each with their own exclusive Loyola experiences they are eagerly looking forward to sharing.
Why is Phonathon important?
The Evergreen Annual Fund is dedicated to providing opportunity and access to a Loyola education to every current and future Loyola student. Phonathon is a fundamental part of helping the University reach their annual fundraising goal. This personal contact is crucial for communicating campus news effectively and explaining the importance of the Annual Fund. Who better to serve as an ambassador of the Annual Fund than a Loyola student?
"I've really learned how to adapt all of my communication major courses as well as those from Phonathon. I've also learned the importance of giving back to Loyola and how much it means to our community and how much we appreciate it. The people at Phonathon are very friendly and take their jobs very seriously, which I value. This job is beneficial to me because it's a great way to communicate with alumni. It has helped me communicate clearly with those around me and I've made some really great relationships with some alumni which will help me after my senior year." - Anisha, Fourth Year
Student Employment Opportunity
Phonathon is now hiring enthusiastic and eloquent individuals to help raise financial support for Loyola's Annual Fund. To become a Phonathon Associate requires patience, persistence, and suitable social skills.
Working with Phonathon allows you to:
- Develop strong communication, management, and problem solving skills
- Build your resume with an impressive fundraising position
- Learn how to conduct a professional, fundraising phone call
- Network with alumni and receive career advice
- Work in a fun and collaborative environment with fellow students
- Speak to thousands of alumni and parents and learn about the history of Loyola
- Serve as an ambassador for Loyola to help expand our network and improve our school
- Receive full training and learn valuable skills that will be useful for any post-grad job you pursue
- Work toward student leadership positions
- Help to raise over $200,000 a year toward the Loyola experience for current and future students
Ideal candidates should display:
- An interest in learning more about philanthropy and its presence on campus
- An interest in learning more about how phonathon impacts the Loyola experience for current and future students
- Excellent time management skills
- A comfort in interacting with a diverse alumni base
- An interest in becoming an ambassador and positively representing the University
- Enthusiasm for Loyola University Maryland!
"I realized I flourish in an atmosphere at work that is so supportive; all the managers and coworkers work to continuously support each other. I decided to work for Phonathon because of its philanthropic mission and the impact it has on the Loyola community. The gifts that we receive improve the Loyola experience and give the students the opportunity to come to Loyola and follow their passions." - Sahshe, First Year
The starting pay is $10.10/hour with the potential for nightly bonuses and merit-based raises. Phonathon Associates are required to work two nights a week, Monday-Thursday, 6-9 P.M. No previous employment experience necessary. We hire federal work study and direct hire students. All are welcome to apply!
Applications for spring 2020 employment due by Jan. 21, 2020.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.