Loyola's Phonathon program calls alumni and parents to raise financial support for the Evergreen Annual Fund. Phonathon is a year-long effort driven by more than 40 enthusiastic students, each with their own unique Loyola experiences they are looking forward to sharing.
Why is Phonathon important?
Loyola's Annual Fund provides extra support for almost every budget on campus, from helping to fund student research, to buying more lab equipment and even to supporting clubs and activities. With a goal of raising over $250,000 towards the Annual Fund each year, Phonathon is a very important part of helping the University reach its annual fundraising goal. This personal contact is the best way to communicate important campus news and explain the importance of the Annual Fund. Who better to serve as an ambassador of the Annual Fund than a Loyola student?
"From my first semester freshman year Phonathon has been a place of both personal and professional growth for me. Not only has Phonathon helped me to develop crucial communication skills, but it has helped me to gain a better understanding of philanthropy and its importance on Loyola's campus. I would strongly encourage any student to get involved with Phonathon and learn how they too can help build a better future for Loyola!" - Julia, Manager
Student Employment Opportunity
Phonathon is now hiring enthusiastic and well-spoken individuals to help raise financial support for Loyola's Annual Fund. Being a Phonathon Associate requires persistence, patience, and great people skills.
Working with Phonathon allows you to:
- Develop strong communication, management, and problem solving skills
- Build your resume with an impressive fundraising position
- Learn how to conduct a professional, fundraising phone call
- Network with alumni and receive career advice
- Work in a fun and collaborative environment with fellow students
- Speak to thousands of alumni and parents and learn about the history of Loyola
- Serve as an ambassador for Loyola to help expand our network and improve our school
- Receive full training and learn valuable skills that will be useful for any post-grad job you pursue
- Work toward student leadership positions
- Help to raise over $250,000 a year toward the Loyola experience for current and future students
Ideal candidates should display:
- An interest in learning more about philanthropy and its presence on campus
- An interest in learning more about how phonathon impacts the Loyola experience for current and future students
- Excellent time management skills
- A comfort in interacting with a diverse alumni base
- An interest in becoming an ambassador and positively representing the University
- Enthusiasm for Loyola University Maryland!
"Phonathon has been extremely valuable experience for me and has provided me with skills that future employers look for. During my time with Phonathon, I have gained the ability to connect with others and effectively communicate the importance of philanthropy. Working as a caller and a manager has taught me how to build relationships with alumni and lead others towards the end goal of bettering Loyola." - Miranda, Manager
The starting pay is $10.10/hr with the potential for nightly bonuses and merit based raises. Phonathon Associates are required to work two nights a week, Monday-Thursday, 6-9 P.M. No previous employment experience necessary. We hire federal work study and direct hire students. All are welcome to apply! Applications for fall 2018 employement due by August 23, 2018.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.