A few years ago, a group of faculty and administrators came together to check on the state of Black male students and found that their experiences were markedly different from most Loyola students, and even different from their Black female counterparts. Therefore, we formed what is known as MAN2MAN. Since that time, we have expanded the program to include other male students. As a result, we have seen tremendous enhancement in the lives of male students at Loyola.
MAN2MAN meets on select Wednesdays from 5-6:30 PM in the Center for Intercultural Engagement (CIE) located on the third floor of the Student Center. If you are a man of color at Loyola, consider attending a MAN2MAN meeting! Enjoy a free meal, and the opportunity to connect with other students of color, and faculty/staff members of color.
Spring 2020 Sessions:
- January 15th: Welcome Back Social
- January 22nd: Mentor Narratives & Personal Networking Night
- February 5th: Dating & Relationships
- February 19th: Barbershop Talk: What the guys have on their minds
- March 11th: March Madness: Being a good sport/competitor
- March 25th: Being an Ally & Notions of Masculinity
- April 1st: Advocacy & Activism
- April 15th: Financial Literacy
If you have any questions or concerns about MAN2MAN, please contact Dennis Velez, Associate Director for ALANA Services, at email@example.com