Sister to Sister is a holistic retention program for women of color at Loyola University Maryland. It provides women with the knowledge and tools for personal success and motivation towards serving the whole community through leadership and excellence. The bi-weekly meetings (sister circles) provide a supportive network where women can engage in thoughtful discussion and self expression related to the challenges, celebrations, and complexities related to their experience at Loyola.
Join us in the Center for Intercultural Engagement (CIE) every other Thursday, 5:00-6:30pm for networking, food, and great conversation!
Spring 2020 Sessions:
- January 23rd - Getting Out of My Own Way (Goal Setting)
- February 6th - Moving from Drama & Conflict to Resolution
- February 20th - Combating Mental Health Stigma in Communities of Color
- March 12th - Here's to a Healthy You! (Physical Health, Fitness, & Nutrition)
- April 2nd - Preparing for Your Career
- April 16th - End of Year Reflection & Celebration
Fall 2019 Sessions:
- September 12th- Networking with a Purpose
- September 26th - Is The Way You See Me, The Way I See Myself? (Reflections of our Identities & Experiences as Women of Color)
- October 10th - Is The Way You See Me, The Way I See Myself? (Part II)
- October 24th - Healthy Boundaries In Relationships (Personal & Professional)
- November 7th - Commanding Respect in Dominant Spaces
- November 21st - Don't Touch My Hair!
- December 5th - End of Semester Reflection & Celebration