The ALANA Mentoring Program (AMP) pairs ALANA students new to Loyola with upper-class students to assist them in acclimating to campus life at Loyola University Maryland. The ALANA mentors play an integral role in working with students for the first year. Mentors will assist first-year and/or transfer students to gain an understanding and appreciation of the university culture, introduce them to co-curricular activities, and assist them with achieving academic and personal growth.
Are you a first-year or transfer ALANA student and would like to request a mentor? Complete our AMP Mentee Interest Form and we will work to pair you with an AMP Mentor within the first few weeks of the fall 2022 Semester!
Email Jason Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about requesting a mentor!
- New Mentors: Interested in becoming an AMP Mentor for the 2022-23 academic year? Complete our AMP Mentor Form today!
- Current AMP Mentors: Current AMP Mentors interested in continuing to be a mentor for the 2022-2023 academic year, complete our AMP Mentor Returner Form!
Peer Mentor Coordinators (PMCs) are mentors who are dedicated to helping plan events and programming for AMP. Some responsibilities include making flyers, planning events, and co-leading mentor meetings. If you are interested in applying to be a PMC, please select the option within the application form.
- A full-time undergraduate student at Loyola, both currently and for the 2022-23 academic year (students studying abroad cannot be mentors)
- Be able to participate in mandatory trainings
- Be in good judicial and academic standing
- Be knowledgeable of campus programs, personnel, policies, and procedures
- Possess good interpersonal skills and illustrate reliability, responsibility and patience
- Be willing to serve as a positive role model and example for new students
- Commit to the mission and program objectives of the ALANA Mentoring Program
- Be a team player by working in uniformity with other mentors for duration of program
- After receiving mentee, make initial contact within the first week, and contact your mentees weekly thereafter; thus spending quality time and establishing rapport
- Attend monthly mentor meetings throughout the academic year in order to maintain consistent contact regarding progress of the mentee(s) with ALANA Services
- Participate with mentees in programs sponsored by the ALANA Mentoring Program
- Assist mentees with academic growth
- Encourage mentees to participate in cultural programs and organizations
- Provide moral support to first year and transfer students in developing a positive attitude towards academic achievement and personal adjustment
- Serve as a liaison between your mentee(s) and ALANA Services
- Perform in the best interest of Loyola University Maryland, serving as a representative of the college by presenting a positive outlook of the overall program
Interested in getting involved as a Mentor? Email Jason Summers, today at email@example.com!