Apply to join the leader team for the Fall 2019 F.I.R.S.T Pre-fall!
F.I.R.S.T. provides First-Year students the experience of beginning the college journey through the lenses of prayer, reflection, and Jesuit identity. We invite students of all faith traditions, spiritual practices, and beliefs to encounter God, self, and others through diverse interfaith and justice encounters. Students will navigate the adventures of college through interactive challenges, dialogue, and group processing. F.I.R.S.T. participants will begin their first year having already experienced a glimpse of Ignatian Spirituality, the Evergreen campus, life in Baltimore, and the Loyola family. The program runs from Sunday, August 25 – Wednesday, August 28, 2019.
Program Content Includes:
- Interfaith Cooperation and Dialogue
- Racial and Social Justice
- Issues in Equity and Accessibility
- Power, Privilege and Oppression
- Relationship Building and Community Development
Role & Responsibilities
- Attend one training in the spring 2019 semester (tentative date: Saturday, April 20, 2019)
- Attend weekly one-hour meetings (time and day TBD) in the two months before the retreat*
- Participate in the F.I.R.S.T. Pre-Fall Program
- Facilitate small groups
- Share/present sessions on the themes of Ignatian Spirituality to the large group
- Lead inclusive prayers
- Facilitate the learning outcomes for participants
- Set the tone for an inclusive and welcoming community
- Share honestly and respectfully and listen actively with one another
- Complete your agreed-upon tasks on time
- Welcome and accept feedback from teammates
- Use reflective practices in your own preparation
- Participate in a team evaluation after the retreat.
*Applicants who are studying abroad in Spring 2019 may be considered only if they are willing and able to skype/facetime in for the spring meeting.
Applications are due by April 4th, 2019 at 11:59pm. The F.I.R.S.T. Pre-Fall program leader application is a joint application with the Ignite Retreat leader application. You can choose to be considered for one or both programs through the process.
If you have any questions, please contact Rev. Scott H. Adams, Campus Ministry, 410-617-5755, email@example.com.