The following is effective March 12, 2020.
Our team recognizes the challenges of being away from the Loyola community and your normal routine as a student. We are here to support you in the coming weeks and look forward to providing many of our regular services in new, technology-focused ways. We will miss seeing you in person each day and wish you good health and success during the weeks ahead.
Effective immediately, Loyola Career Services is transitioning all upcoming appointments and events to online modalities:
- Students with already scheduled appointments will receive Zoom webinar links to meet virtually with their career services professionals.
- Drop-in hours 1:00-3:00 M-F are postponed until further notice or when campus resumes normal operations.
- The Career Services team will be adding a significant number of new appointment slots in Handshake including many during the 1:00-3:00 drop-in timeframe. Please make an appointment to connect with us virtually.
- We will be updating our events in Handshake, which are also always viewable at https://www.loyola.edu/department/career-center/events.
- Events happening through the duration of the spring semester that are not able to be converted online will be cancelled, and previously registered attendees will be notified.
- Other events will be updated with Zoom webinar URLs as their new locations.
- We expect to add new virtual opportunities to connect with employers and alumni in the coming weeks to our Events, so please keep an eye out for exciting opportunities.
- We will continue to monitor plans for other events posted through the spring semester and make updates as needed.
- Remember that phenomenal resources like Loyola Connect (www.loyola.edu/connect) and Big Interview (www.loyola.edu/biginterview) are available to you 24/7 to network with alumni via phone or web and practice interviewing skills wherever you are.
In many ways, your experience will be similar to that of a remote employee. For some insights into structuring your time, take a look at this informative video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JbeJgcRPMM. While Tips #7 & 8 are less relevant because they focus on getting out for in-person interactions, there are many other useful tips to help you navigate the weeks ahead.
For any questions or concerns, reach out to us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.