This annual award recognizes outstanding achievement in teaching by an affiliate faculty member in the humanities. The recipient receives an honorarium of $500 and a plaque in recognition of the award.
Dr. Lesley DiFransico, Theology Department, receiving the 2019 Affiliate Teaching Award plaque
- Each humanities department may nominate one candidate for the award each year. Nominees should have exhibited exemplary pedagogy in classes at Loyola.
- Candidates must have taught at least four classes at Loyola.
- A faculty member may receive the award only once during his/her time at Loyola.
- The chair of any department nominating a candidate submits a brief (no more than two pages) letter of nomination attesting to the candidate's record of exemplary pedagogy. Along with the letter, the chair submits representative syllabi, student evaluations from the last four classes that the candidate has taught, along with evidence of peer evaluation within the department. (The latter may be covered in the letter of nomination.)
- The Steering Committee chooses one awardee each year.
- Nominations are due by the last working day in April. The Steering Committee considers nominations and designates an awardee at its May meeting.
- 2020 Professor Giuliana Risso Robberto, Modern Languages and Literatures
- 2019 Dr. Lesley DiFransico, Theology
- 2018 Professor Catherine Savell, Modern Languages and Literatures
- 2017 Dr. Inas Hassan, Modern Languages and Literatures
- 2016 Dr. Matthew Moser, Theology