The Center for the Humanities provides up to $500 per project to support conference registration and attendance by tenured faculty members. These grants may be used to defray the cost of conference registration or, if the conference is not virtual, to pay for travel to and from the conference (when Loyola University Maryland permits employees to travel again).
Any tenured faculty member in a humanities department at Loyola University Maryland is eligible to receive a grant.
II. Application Procedures
The faculty member must write a proposal of no more than 500 words that accomplishes the following:
- Explains the purpose of the funds. Why are these funds required? It should include a budget summarizing how the money will be used.
- Justifies support: how this conference advances the faculty member’s research goals. Why this conference? If delivering a paper, provide a brief abstract.
- The Chair of the applicant’s department must be consulted and must approve the proposal.
- A faculty member may receive no more than two of these grants in AY ‘20-21.
- These grants pertain only to academic year 2020-21. The awards must be used for events or purchases made before May 31, 2021.
- The proposal must be submitted electronically to Bess Garrett (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the last working day of the month before the conference takes place. The steering committee meets on the second Wednesday of each month from September - May. Hence, if a conference takes place in early March, for example, the proposal must be submitted by the last working day of January.