Short videos of the students discussing their experiences are linked to their names and a videos of their presentations are linked to the talk titles.
The Big Dig III - Fall 2018
Thomas Ward, Ph.D. -“The Life of the Mind: When Class Overwhelms Race and Gender”
- Beatrice King, ’19, a History major, had a grant which allowed her to accept an otherwise unpaid internship with Gramercy Global in Berlin, Germany.
- Megan Adlem, ’20, a Classical Civilization major, had a Student Summer Program grant to participate in an archaeological dig: “Excavating in the Aegean: The Case of Despotiko at College Year in Athens.”
- Marisa Gochie, ’19, a Biology major, had a Student Research Fellowship to investigate
“The Limits of Renewability: The Ethics of ‘Clean Energy’ in Costa Rica.”
- Phoebe Labat, ’19, a History major, had a Student Research Fellowship to investigate her project “Exploring the Connections between the Choctaws and the Irish during and after the Great Irish Famine.”
- Hannah Loiselle, ’19, a Global Studies and History major, had a Student Research Fellowship to investigate her project on “The Rise of Humanitarianism in the Middle East: The Early Years of the British Syrian Mission (1860-1891).”
- Gail Rabasca, '19, a Political Science major, had a grant which allowed her to accept an otherwise unpaid internship with the National Endowment for the Humanities: Office of Congressional Affairs.
The Big Dig II - Fall 2017
The Big Dig - Fall 2016
Panel 1 - Digging Women
- Katie Wright, Summer Study: Troia Archaeological Summer School and Halmyris Excavation
- Ian McNeely, Research Fellowship: “The Female Ideal: Representation and Myth in Heliodorus’ Aithiopika”
- Kelly Keenan, Research Fellowship: “Narratives of Women in the Rwandan Genocide”
Panel 2 - Learning Language and Law
- Joshua Ziesel, “A Corpus-Based Linguistic Study of Greek Tragic Interjections in Roman New Comedy”
- Calix O’Hara, Research Fellowship: “The Transcription and Analysis of Sentences Commentaries”
- Joshua Ziesel, German Study at the Goethe Institut
- Margaret Kenna, Internship, Hartford Superior Court: The Office of the Public Defender (Judicial District/Part A)
Panel 3 - Digging into Fine Art
- Rebeccah Swerdlow, Research Fellowship: “Mariana Mirroring Penelope: A Case of Classical Influence on Pre-Raphaelite Painting”
- Kelly Mueller, Internship at Western Reserve Historical Society