CIUE Belief Statements
- The CIUE will be a space for hope and engaged advocacy, recognizing the contributions and worth of all stakeholders in Baltimore City and other urban communities.
- Innovative program development empowers urban education stakeholders within urban communities.
- Advocacy and community engagement fosters genuine collaboration with urban communities.
- Collaborative research and evaluation inform larger, public discourse around all facets of urban education.
- Urban education work should engage or address most or all of the following qualities:
- Structural inequities
- Personnel, staffing, mobility issues
- Resource distribution
- Financial uncertainty
- Poverty concentration
- Set geographic boundaries
The Center for Innovation in Urban Education at Loyola University Maryland intends to have a positive impact on education in Baltimore and other urban communities through collaborative research, innovative program development, and community engagement.
The Center for Innovation in Urban Education (CIUE) will become a consummate and influential hub for urban education research, program development, and community engagement, grounded in and on behalf of Baltimore City, but extending also to other urban communities throughout the United States.