Summer 2021 at St. Mark School
The Loyola University Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences Department, through the Loyola Clinical Centers, will be conducting group articulation therapy and literacy skill development: reading readiness, and writing/reading comprehension. Services will be provided by graduate speech-language pathology clinicians under the supervision of a licensed and certified speech-language pathologist.
- Reading Readiness Skills: The following language literacy skills will be targeted: phonological awareness, letter/sound association, story comprehension and retell.
- Ages: Students entering Kindergarten-3rd grade /groups of 2-3 students
- Reading Comprehension and Writing Skills: Small group instruction targeting development of reading comprehension, narration and writing skills.
- Ages: Students entering 4th-6th/groups of 2-3 students
- Articulation Therapy: Will address speech sound errors. Group therapy Students will be grouped according to age/grade/speech sound errors.
- Ages: Students entering Kindergarten-4th grade/ groups 2-3 students
May 25-27 by appointment
Virtual Parent Meeting
Monday, June 21, 2021
- 7-7:30 p.m.: Reading Readiness
- 7:45-8:15 p.m.: Articulation and Comprehension & Writing Programs
- Program begins: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
- Program ends: Thursday, July 22 or Tuesday, July 27, 2021
|Reading Readiness Skills (Rising K-3rd)
|Articulation Group Therapy (Rising K-4th)
||Tuesdays, 1:15- 3:45
|Reading & Writing (Rising 4th - 6th)
St. Mark School
26 Melvin Ave. Catonsville, MD 21228
- $250: One – 2 day a week program/5-week session = Ten, 2.5 hour sessions
- $500: Two – 2 day a week programs/5-week session
How to Register
Please call 410-617-1250 to register for the Reading Readiness skills group, Reading Comprehension and Writing Skills group, and/or the Articulation Therapy program by May 12, 2021. You will be contacted by May 21, 2021 to schedule the initial screening. Space is limited.
Contact Mary Lee Walls, MS, CCC-SLP at 410-617-1250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.