Interested in teaching online? It's just three quick steps away!
Course Development Form
Course Revisions and Support Form
- If you'd like to start the instructional design process to teach online, please complete the Course Development Form above. Once we have received this form, the office will take a look at it, and then get in touch with you.
Moodle is heavily used in our course development process. If you'd like get started with Moodle, or to gain a better understanding, please head to our Tools page.
- Once that form is submitted and the ODTL has assessed the situation, you will be contacted by the team to set up a preliminary discussion, covering the basics of your course and what you are trying to accomplish with this course.
- After the form has been submitted and you have had the preliminary discussion with the ODTL, you will be assigned an instructional designer and you will be connected to them by the Assistant Director. This begins the course development process!
If you are interested in developing a non-credited course, or a non-academic course, please fill out the Course Revisions and Support Form.
Some basic information/tips:
- Our development process for a full three-credit course takes roughly 4-6 months.
- We start developing courses roughly eight months in advance.
- Example: for courses to launch for the summer semester, development will start the prior October. We like to give the course a lot of time to develop, to accommodate for everyone's busy schedule.
- Throughout the development process, you will meet with your instructional designer once a week.
- While our instructional designers (IDs) are very capable, this is very much a collaborative process. You are required to do work outside of your meetings with the ID. Make sure you have the time available in your schedule to go through with this process!