The 2018 Digital Pedagogy Workshop
May 29 - June 8, 2018
The Digital Pedagogy Workshop is an intensive nine day learning experience designed to help you develop an online or hybrid course rich with student engagement techniques based in best practices in pedagogical research. Faculty will gain an understanding of the course design model, Understanding by Design. This instructional design model challenges us as teachers to think about the big ideas and real world applications we want our students to acquire from our courses. This, along with the selection of engaging activities and assessments that are aligned with the course objectives, results in a high quality online learning experience for students.
- Design course activities that promote the achievement of the stated learning objectives, provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning; and integrate technology into the course design in ways that support student engagement
Learn about Understanding by Design for Learning and its implications for online and hybrid course development
Design assessments that measure stated learning objectives and are consistent with course activities and resources
- Utilize our learning management system (Moodle) to enhance communication, collaboration, organization and sharing of content
- Actively engage students with multimedia-based content and activities
- Learn best practices for producing and integrating digitally recorded presentations in your teaching
- Learn strategies that will help you to facilitate interactive synchronous virtual class meetings
The Workshop is a two-week commitment. Each day will include sessions facilitated with a combination of face-to-face, online, small group instruction, and one-on-one. The final morning of presentations by workshop participants allows everyone to show their colleagues how they have re-invented a portion of their course. An additional highlight of this workshop includes the formation of an ongoing professional learning community where faculty and workshop facilitators share experiences, ideas, questions, and explore new approaches as they begin implementing what they learned.
The application pool for the 2018 Digital Pedagogy Workshop is now closed. The workshop will accommodate up to 10 full-time faculty and you will be notified by February 1 2018 if you have been selected to participate.
Please contact Bob Kenyon at email@example.com with any further comments or questions.