Fall Reopening Plan
Safety & Sanitation
- All employees will be wearing Personal Protection Equipment including masks and gloves. We are also developing a new standard for health monitoring and qualifications to work their shift in order to keep our guests safe.
- We are continuing our expanded sanitation practices in dining locations with a heavy focus on high frequency touch point cleaning.
- We are continuing to invest in training for sanitation, safety, disinfection, and food safety.
- Physical barriers will still be up at cashier stations.
- For guests, we are continuing to offer sanitizer stations throughout dining locations.
- Guests will be required to wear a mask at all times in dining locations. They will be able to remove their mask while eating or drinking in the seating areas. Guests are also required to wear masks when waiting in food and beverage lines at all campus events.
Guest Signage & Communications
- Newsletters for First Year Students and Upperclassman.
- We will be relying heavily on digital communications in the fall including FoodU App (menus and notifications), Grubhub (mobile ordering) and social media (IG: @loyoladining) to help stay engaged and communicate with guests.
- Meal Plans are active beginning with breakfast on Monday, August 31st.
- Opening Hours for Dining are posted.
- Fall Semester Normal Hours are posted.
- Our salad bars, yogurt bars, waffle stations, condiments, and other self-serve options will become self-serve again this semester. These options will be included in our high touchpoint cleaning practices.
- We will continue to provide expanded On-The-Go options throughout campus.
Our catering options will return to normal, and you can find this year's menu offerings on our catering website.
Dining Locations & Menus
- Boulder will return to AYCE for dinner and weekends. Additionally, the salad bar will return, Bravissimo will remain a customizable pasta bar for lunch and dinner, and 1852 pizza will offer daily pizza specials, as well as specialty hot sandwiches and calzones.
- Boulder 2.0 will remain an idealMEAL location for lunch and dinner. There will be four stations this year: Bravissimo customizable station, Mediterranean Salad Bar, Chobani Yogurt Bar, and Toasted, which will offer daily hot sandwich specials. We will also continue to offer salads, sandwiches and sides in an On-The-Go case.
- Iggy’s Market will remain open until 12 midnight. Iggy’s will continue to offer smoothies, fruit, and yogurt in the morning. Iggy’s Late Night will be expanded to offer a made-to-order burger bar, milkshakes, and a variety of sides.
- Starbucks space has increased after renovations this summer, but there will still be a mobile-ordering option.
- ACE Sushi will replace Cold Spring Sushi. This location will still offer poke bowls and sushi rolls, but will offer expanded offerings like more vegetarian and vegan options, Boba tea, and a selection of snacks.
- Green Peel hours will remain the same, and will continue to allow a meal exchange up to $9.99.
- Fresh West Sunset hours will remain the same, and will continue to be a mobile-order only location.
- Bowman Express' (formerly Flannery) will be open Wednesday- Sunday from 6 p.m.- 12 a.m.
- Refectory: this location will remain closed.
- New Location: Green & Grey Caféis in the Fernandez Center for Innovation and Collaborative Learning. It features a variety of local partners to offer a coffee & espresso bar, seasonal teas & spritzers, breakfast items, artisan
sandwiches, house baked treats, and more!
- We’re continuing to offer GrubHub online ordering service to all our campus dining locations.
- Our locations will remain cash-free. You can swipe your ID or credit card or use a touchless mobile payment app (Apple Wallet, Google Pay, etc.) for purchases at any of our dining locations. Cash is only accepted for concessions at Ridley Athletic Complex and Reitz Arena.
- We will be following the state guidelines (currently Maryland is still allowing indoor dining & seating at 100% capacity) to make sure any seating area for dining is at the current guidelines.
- We know this list doesn’t touch all the areas of change that we will need to plan for, therefore we will add more details as Loyola’s plans evolve and we are able to solidify plans for dining options, hours, and additional considerations.
With things changing each day, and the continuous evolving circumstances, we ask that you be patient as our communication and plans roll out. If you have any questions or concerns that need addressed, the best method of contact is to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Last updated 8/20/2021)