Spring Reopening Plan
Safety & Sanitation
- All employees will be wearing Personal Protection Equipment including masks and gloves. We are also developing a new standard for health monitoring and qualifications to work their shift in order to keep our guests safe.
- We are expanding our sanitation practices in dining locations with a heavy focus on high frequency touch point cleaning.
- We are investing in training for sanitation, safety, disinfection, and food safety.
- We will be adding physical barriers at cashier stations.
- For guests, we are adding sanitizer stations throughout dining locations.
- Guests will be required to wear a mask at all times in dining locations. They will be able to remove their mask while eating or drinking in the seating areas.
Guest Signage & Communications
- Newsletters for First Year Students and Upperclassman.
- We will be adding signage on campus to include floor markers, flow of traffic directionals, stanchions, and more to properly allow social distancing in our Dining Areas.
- Anywhere that a line may form (cashier, station, etc) there will be distance dots on the floor to keep guests 6 feet apart.
- Some dining areas will become one way in, and one way out to optimize the flow of traffic and social distancing.
- We will be relying heavily on digital communications in the fall including FoodU App (menus and notifications), Grubhub (mobile ordering) and social media (IG: @loyoladining) to help stay engaged and communicate with guests.
- We are positing details about changes for Spring every week on our Instagram: @loyoladining.
- All Dining locations are currently closed except for Starbucks with limited hours (Mon-Fri 9a-3p).
- Meal Plans are active beginning with breakfast on Monday January 11.
- Opening Hours for Dining during CARP are posted.
- Spring Semester Normal Hours are posted.
- For this academic year, we will be removing "Meal Zones" from the Weekly Meal Plans. This will allow students to swipe for two meals (or more) at one time, for instance to grab a meal for the next day, or later in the day, to take back to their room if they want. The meals per week will still reset every Saturday at midnight but the students will have more freedom of how often they can use them.
- We will be removing or changing our self-serve options such as salads bars, yogurt bars, waffle station, condiments and more. For instance, self-serve salad bars will become served by our team members, and added onto Grubhub (mobile ordering) so students can still get a customized salad.
- We will be expanding our On-The-Go options throughout the campus to include more options, and more readily available in many dining locations. This includes grab and go breakfast options such as fresh cut fruit, yogurt parfaits, chia pudding, and pastries. Also, we will be adding new sandwiches, microwaveable meals, entree salads, side salads, composed salads, cookies, brownies, and other desserts.
Catering options will be tailored to individual meals and options that support social distancing. We have rolled out a new "Reduced Contact" menu on Catertrax.. Email email@example.com with any upcoming requests.
Dining Locations & Menus
- Boulder's hours will remain the same but many stations will change. The Salad Bar will be replaced with grab and go salads, Boulder Deli will be expanded, Bravissimo lunch will become a Pasta Bar - available for preorder on Grubhub, and at dinner will be an Ice Cream Bar. The Pizza station will switch to offer personal pizzas.
- Due to the number of guests Boulder feeds per meal, along with limited space, and the guidelines for social distancing we will be changing our "All-You-Care-To-Eat (AYCE)" policy to a "AYCE To-Go" policy. Students will be allowed one trip into Boulder to get as much as they would typically eat for one meal. They will then exit the building so another guest will be permitted to enter. They can use the seating areas in Boulder or other locations on campus. Check out our complete Boulder AYCE To-Go Policy.
- Sample Boulder Menu
- Boulder 2.0 will will no longer be an All-You-Care-To-Eat location. There will be three stations: Bravissimo which will offer customized menus that change daily that will be available on mobile ordering. Salad Bar which will be expanded to include proteins, and additional toppings. Chobani Bar will be open for lunch and dinner served by an employee or available on mobile ordering. We are adding an On-The-Go case with salads, sandwiches, sides, and more. This will be an idealmeal location for both lunch and dinner.
- Iggy's Market will have similar options and open until 12midnight. The smoothies from Fresh West will now be moved into Iggy's in the morning. Fruit and Yogurt Bar for breakfast will now be served. The Deli and Bravissimo stations will both become mobile ordering only options. Iggy's Late Night (9pm-12midnight) will now only offer pizza, on-the-go options and the market. We will also be expanding the market.
- Starbucks is limited to space so we will encourage mobile ordering since guests can't stand in line closer than 6 feet apart. We are adding an expo station to help sort the additional mobile orders.
- Crafted will reduce hours and offer Boulder Express Meals which are meals from the hot line in Boulder already packaged and ready to purchase to avoid the lines. As well as we will add a large refrigerator for a large variety of On-The-Go meals.
- Green Peel will close at 4pm Monday-Thursday, but will now allow meal swipes for orders up to $9.99.
- Fresh West Sunset will now only be open 11a-9:30pm with the Latin inspired Sunset menu all day which will only be available on mobile ordering.
- Bowman Express' (formerly Flannery) hours will remain the same. We will be adding Grubhub to preorder your deli sandwich, quesadilla or personal pita pizza.
- Refectory: this location will be closed.
- New Location: The Den on DGA will be a large tent set up with a kitchen and seating. There will be three stations: 4501 Tortilla, The Hound Pit and B'more Chicken as well as a wide variety of on-the-go options. This will be an idealmeal location and will have mobile ordering option (Grubhub) to place your order for a quick pick up.
- We are continuing to expand our mobile ordering options and lean heavy on Grubhub Campus Dining to support dining to allow users to decrease in person wait times.
- New Grubhub options for 2021 - Boulder Personal Pizzas at Lunch, Boulder 2.0, Bowman Express, Iggy's Market (Breakfast, Bravissimo, & Salad Bar).
- We will be set up to allow students to swipe their own card for the cashiers.
- We will be advertising all our touchless pay (Apple, Android and Google pay) options at all registers.
- We will be cash free in dining - please plan appropriately.
- We will be following the state guidelines (currently Maryland is still allowing indoor dining & seating at 25% capacity) to make sure any seating area for dining is at the current guidelines. This means no more than 6 people per table, and all tables must be 6 feet apart.
- We will ask that at no point should guests move tables or chairs from their predetermined positions to meet guidelines.
- Due to the loss of seating spaces, we will be encouraging more guests to take their orders to-go and will be set up to increase our takeout options.
- We know this list doesn’t touch all the areas of change that we will need to plan for, therefore we will add more details as Loyola’s plans evolve and we are able to solidify plans for dining options, hours, and additional considerations.
With things changing each day, and the continuous evolving circumstances, we ask that you be patient as our communication and plans roll out. If you have any questions or concerns that need addressed, the best method of contact is to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Last updated 11/19/2020)