Fall Reopening Plan
- With Loyola University announcing their plan to go completely virtual in the Fall, Loyola Dining will be closed for the fall semester.
- If you have any questions or concerns that need addressed, the best method of contact is to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you for your patience and we look forward to being back on campus to feed the Loyola Community in the Spring Semester.
- Stay safe and healthy!
Last updated 8/7/2020
Spring Reopening Plan
Safety & Sanitation
- All employees will be wearing Personal Protection Equipment including masks and gloves. We are also developing a new standard for health monitoring and qualifications to work their shift in order to keep our guests safe.
- We are expanding our sanitation practices in dining locations with a heavy focus on high frequency touch point cleaning.
- We are investing in training for sanitation, safety, disinfection, and food safety.
- We will be adding physical barriers at cashier stations.
- For guests, we are adding sanitizer stations throughout dining locations.
- Guests will be required to wear a mask to enter dining locations. They will be able to remove their mask while eating.
Guest Signage & Communications
- We will be adding signage on campus to include floor markers, flow of traffic directionals, stanchions, and more to properly allow social distancing in our Dining Areas.
- Anywhere that a line may form (cashier, station, etc) there will be distance dots on the floor to keep guests 6 feet apart.
- Some dining areas will become one way in, and one way out to optimize the flow of traffic and social distancing.
- We will be relying heavily on digital communications in the fall including FoodU App (menus and notifications), Grubhub (mobile ordering) and social media (IG: @loyoladining) to help stay engaged and communicate with guests.
- We are positing details about changes for the Fall every Tuesday and Thursday on our Facebook and Instagram over the summer - @loyoladining
- All Dining locations are currently closed except for Starbucks with limited hours (Mon-Fri 9a-3p).
- Meal Plans are active beginning with breakfast on Tuesday January 12.
- For this academic year, we will be removing "Meal Zones" from the Weekly Meal Plans. This will allow students to swipe for two meals (or more) at one time, for instance to grab a meal for the next day, or later in the day, to take back to their room if they want. The meals per week will still reset every Saturday at midnight but the students will have more freedom of how often they can use them.
- We will be removing or changing our self-serve options such as salads bars, yogurt bars, waffle station, condiments and more. For instance, self-serve salad bars will become served by our team members, and added onto Grubhub (mobile ordering) so students can still get a customized salad.
- We will be expanding our Grab and Go options throughout the campus to include more options, and more readily available in many dining locations. This includes grab and go breakfast options such as fresh cut fruit, yogurt parfaits, chia pudding, and pastries. Also, we will be adding new sandwiches, microwaveable meals, entree salads, side salads, composed salads, cookies, brownies, and other desserts.
- Catering options will be tailored to individual meals and options that support social distancing. We will be rolling out some suggestion menu options and new practices soon. Email email@example.com with any upcoming requests.
Dining Locations & Menus
- We are continuing to expand our mobile ordering options and lean heavy on Grubhub Campus Dining to support dining to allow users to decrease in person wait times.
- New Grubhub options for 2021 - Boulder Personal Pizzas at Lunch, Boulder 2.0, Bowman Express, Iggy's Market (Breakfast, Bravissimo, & Salad Bar).
- We will be set up to allow students to swipe their own card for the cashiers.
- We will be advertising all our touchless pay (Apple, Android and Google pay) options at all registers.
- We will be cash free in dining for the Fall - please plan appropriately.
- We will be following the state guidelines (currently Maryland is still allowing indoor dining & seating) to make sure any seating area for dining is at the current guidelines. This means no more than 6 people per table, and all tables must be 6 feet apart.
- We will ask that at no point should guests move tables or chairs from their predetermined positions to meet guidelines.
- Due to the loss of seating spaces, we will be encouraging more guests to take their orders to-go and will be set up to increase our takeout options.
- We know this list doesn’t touch all the areas of change that we will need to plan for, therefore we will add more details as Loyola’s plans evolve and we are able to solidify plans for dining options, hours, and additional considerations.
With things changing each day, and the continuous evolving circumstances, we ask that you be patient as our communication and plans roll out. If you have any questions or concerns that need addressed, the best method of contact is to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 10/12/2020