With Loyola University announcing their plans to reopen in the Fall, we want to provide some insight as to what that will mean for Loyola Dining. Our goal is for everyone to feel at ease when we reopen. While we most certainly don’t have all the answers yet, we are confident we will have a safe and quality dining program when we return.
This site will be constantly updated and our plan will continue to evolve in accordance with guidelines from the State and CDC, along with taking best practices from our peers and partners in the university community. We will post updates as our team works diligently on a plan. If there’s one thing we’ve learned in the last two months, it’s to expect the unexpected and be prepared to adapt. We will be working on and communicating how we will be doing the following:
- Provide transparent information about what we are doing to ensure effective implementation of health and safety measures
- Clearly communicate operational changes and enhancements to maintain the best possible guest experience.
- Support social distancing efforts in our dining areas and remind guests of their shared, personal responsibility to do the same.
- Live out our brand purpose and core values by continuing to offer guests incredible food experiences and service with a smile.
Dining Reopening Plans
Safety & Sanitation
- All employees will be wearing Personal Protection Equipment including masks and gloves. We are also developing a new standard for health monitoring and qualifications to work their shift in order to keep our guests safe.
- We are expanding our sanitation practices in dining locations with a heavy focus on high frequency touch points.
- We are investing in training for sanitation, safety, disinfection, and food safety.
- For guests we are adding sanitizer stations throughout dining locations.
Guest Signage & Communications
- We will be adding signage on campus to include floor markers, flow of traffic directionals, stanchions, plexi-glass barriers, and more to properly allow social distancing in our Dining Areas.
- We will be relying heavily on digital communications in the fall including FoodU App (menus and notifications), Grubhub (mobile ordering) and social media (IG: @loyoladining) to help stay engaged and communicate with guests.
- We will be removing or changing our self-serve options such as salads bars, yogurt bars, condiments and more.
- We will be expanding our Grab and Go options throughout the campus to include more options, and more readily available in many dining locations.
- We are working on menus and location optimizations that will look differently from last year, but allow the flow of traffic to move faster. More info to come as plans are solidified.
- Catering options will be tailored to individual meals and options that support social distancing. We will be rolling out some suggestion menu options and new practices soon.
- We are continuing to expand our mobile ordering options and lean heavy on Grubhub Campus Dining to support dining to allow users to decrease in person wait times.
- We are discussing how to use technology to decrease wait times, allow self-swipe, increasing apple pay, including going cash free in dining.
- We will be following the state guidelines to make sure any seating area for dining is at the current guidelines. Due to the loss of seating spaces, we will be encouraging more guests to take their orders to-go and will be set up to increase our takeout options
- We know this list doesn’t touch all the areas of change that we will need to plan for. We will add more details as Loyola’s plans evolve and we are able to solidify plans for dining options, hours, and additional considerations.
With things changing each day, and the continuous evolving circumstances, we ask that be patient as our communication and plans roll out. If you have any questions or concerns that need addressed, the best method of contact is to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to being back on campus to feed the Loyola Community!
Last updated 5/27/2020