Reporting to the director of Event Services, this position will assist the members of the full time staff with the following responsibilities:
- Prepare rooms for conference guests. This includes, but is not limited to, making beds, providing towels and amenities, performing light housekeeping, and collecting used linens;
• Report necessary maintenance problems, inadequate room set-ups, and low inventory of linens, amenities, or related items;
• Work at the Guest Services desk to facilitate check-in and checkout;
• Respond to customer questions and concerns in a prompt and courteous manner. Every employee will receive training on how to respond quickly and effectively to guest needs and concerns; and
• Assist full-time logistical staff with setting up and breaking down facility or event arrangements. This includes tables, chairs, staging, tarps, multi-media equipment, lighting and sound systems, or related equipment
This position is highly visible and interfaces with all elements of the campus community including president's office, admissions, student organizations, development, and a variety of campus guests. Each individual will be required to exhibit tact and diplomacy when dealing with event sponsors, support departments, and third party contractors.
Requisite Skills and Responsibilities
- Stringent attention to detail and strong customer services skills;
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends which will be determined weekly;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Have a valid motor vehicle operators license;
- Exercise problem ownership values;
- Ability to react decisively and with good judgment to problems and be adaptive to changing situations; and
- Refined time management skills
The position with Event Services is one of importance to Loyola's active event program. The student is a direct reflection of the Event Services and the University. Every student is expected to present a positive image to all guests and clients. This is accomplished through a neat appearance, a pleasant and friendly disposition, attention to detail, and a commitment of service to ensure success.