**The amounts listed below are based on the signing authority levels posted by the disbursements office and are subject to change. Please check disbursements signing policy before signing legal documents containing fees.
Contracts or agreements for goods or services totaling up to:
- $5,000 must be approved by the assistant budget officer
- $10,000 must be approved by the budget officer
- $50,000 must be approved by a director/assistant dean
- $100,000 must be approved by an assistant or associate vice president/dean
- $500,000 must be approved by a vice president
- $5,000,000 must be approved by the president
All contracts or agreements totaling $5,000,000 or more must be approved by the Board of Trustees.
Loyola University Maryland does not recognize contracts signed by University employees as binding to the University unless the employee who signs the contract has signatory authority. Employees who sign contracts without authority, properly delegated under the Board of Trustees approved procedure, may be subject to University disciplinary action. Prior to signing legal documents containing fees, be sure to know the source of funds.