Academic Affairs | Community-Engaged Learning and Scholarship | Office of Digital Teaching and learning | Office of Research and Sponsored Programs | Additional Opportunities
Many offices support faculty in their work and growth as teachers and scholars through internal funding initiatives. Below are standing initiatives and opportunities available university-wide.
Office of Academic Affairs
The Office of Academic Affairs helps coordinate campus faculty development opportunities to support faculty in teaching, scholarship, service, inclusive campus climate, and work-life balance. In addition, the office directly funds some key career formation opportunities and provides seed-funding for initiatives that bring colleagues together across departments and divisions.
- Ignatian Pilgrimage. Ten days in Spain and Rome to visit important sites in the life of St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuits. Returning full-time faculty eligible. Applications due Friday before Thanksgiving
- Collegium. Colloquy on faith and intellectual life with colleagues at other Catholic institutions. Returning full-time faculty eligible. Applications due first Friday of spring semester.
- HERS Institutes for Women in Higher Education. One of the nation’s premier leadership development opportunities. T/TT faculty and academic administrators eligible. Applications for institutional sponsorship due first Friday of spring semester.
Community-Engaged Learning and Scholarship
Looking for funds to support community-engaged learning and scholarship? The Faculty Director of Community-Engaged Learning and Scholarship (CELS) works with Academic Affairs and the Center for Community Service and Justice to support faculty, students, and community partners in pursuing mutually beneficial partnerships:
Office of Digital Teaching and Learning
The Office of Digital Teaching and Learning encourages faculty to explore educational technologies to enhance the effectiveness of their courses through appropriate technology in teaching and learning, and it supports faculty technology needs in ongoing research efforts.
- Faculty Research Grants (all faculty)
- Faculty Technology Grants (all faculty)
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) assists faculty in finding sources of support, writing strong proposals, applying for funding, understanding the basic rules and regulations governing grant activity, and managing awards. In addition, the following internal funding is available:
- Kolvenbach grants (all full-time faculty, students, staff, admin) — community-engaged scholarship
Other Funding Sources: Department, Division, School, College
Generally, conference presentations fall within the Department’s travel budget in accordance with Department policy and funds availability (check with your Chair). In addition, Deans may have discretionary funds to support research and pedagogical activities outside the scope of Department budgets. Contact your Dean’s Office for more information.
In addition, some divisional entities may offer funding opportunities available to the campus, including: