Faculty Fellows are full-time faculty members who have demonstrated sustained, outstanding teaching and are committed to the highest principles of Ignatian pedagogy and sound learning theory. Fellows deepen the Loyola faculty's commitment to teaching through individual and small group activity, reflection and writing. Faculty Fellows are selected through a brief application process. Faculty Fellows form a professional learning community of 5-7 participants who share their expertise with the broader Loyola community by:
- Meeting once a month as a professional learning community to discuss effective teaching, high impact practices, and collaboratively selected readings on teaching;
- Serving as models by opening their classrooms to faculty colleagues;
- Observing colleagues' teaching and offering suggestions for enhanced instruction and student engagement, as invited by faculty colleagues;
- Planning roundtable or brown bag discussions on elements on Ignatian pedagogy, student engagement, or high impact practices; and
- Serving as a campus resource for expertise in teaching, Ignatian pedagogy, high impact practices, and student engagement.
Working in collaboration with the Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs and Diversity, Faculty Fellows serve for two years and receive $2000 ($1000 each year). Fellows elect a Chair, annually. The Chair convenes monthly meetings and facilitates the roundtable discussions. The Chair prepares a brief annual report that summarizes the Fellows activity for the year. The Chair receives an additional $1000 for each year of service.
Inaugural Faculty Fellows Cohort (2018)
The 2018 Faculty Fellows cohort has demonstrated, sustained outstanding teaching; a commitment to the highest principles of Ignatian pedagogy and sound learning theory; and has particular expertise using high impact practices as an approach to help students of color meet academic success.
Faculty Fellows Application
To apply, please complete and submit the application by September 21, 2018. All full-time faculty members except one year visiting faculty are eligible. Deans will review and select up to seven fellows by October 5, 2018. Fellows serve for a two year term. Fellows will receive $1000 each year of the two year term in recognition of their generosity to their colleagues.
Fields marked with * are required.