These awards honor applicants who have a parent, step-parent, grandparent, guardian or sibling who is a Loyola University Maryland alumnus. Legacy Awards are limited to entering first-year students starting with the Class of 2023.
A student is selected based on confirmed legacy information provided on the Common Application. Financial need is not considered in awarding Legacy Awards. To be considered for a Legacy Award, a student must apply for admission to Loyola by January 15.
Terms and Conditions
- A Legacy Award is automatically renewed for four years (8 semesters, fall and spring) provided you maintain full-time enrollment each term (minimum 12 credits per semester), and both a term and a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75, and that you receive a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher in every subject.
- Academic retention requirements will be reviewed upon completion of each fall and spring semester, beginning with your first semester of enrollment.
- The amount of your award will remain the same for four years.
- If you choose to study abroad in your junior year, the Legacy Award - as well as other forms of institutional financial aid - may only be used for study abroad expenses incurred for programs administered or sponsored by Loyola. The Legacy Award will be forfeited for the semester/year you choose to study abroad in a program administered by another college, university, or private organization.
- Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements for both a Legacy Award and a Magis Award will be offered a Legacy Award, the Magis Award will be forfeited.