About the Program
The Maguire Foundation will provide "last dollar" scholarship support to students graduating from the listed Philadelphia area high schools for four years of matriculation. Maguire Scholars who are selected by their respective institutions must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. The student also must be an active participant in his/her school through extra-curricular activities and/or community service.
To be eligible for the Maguire Scholars College Program students must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from one of following Philadelphia are high schools (List of High Schools)
- Earn at least a 3.0 grade point average or equivalent in high school.
- Complete an online Maguire Scholars Program Application that includes a letter of recommendation from a supervisor of a community service or extracurricular activity.
- Engage in community service and/or extracurricular activities.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://fafsa.ed.gov, and include the desired institutions.
- Qualify for admission at Loyola University Maryland.
- Demonstrate financial need by having an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $0 - $15,000
- Contribute at least $5,000 per year to tuition, room & board.
- Agree to participate in regular Maguire Scholar activities in accordance with university requirements.
Students must include the following in their submission:
- A complete application
- A complete personal essay*
- A letter of recommendation*
- All application materials should be submitted via email to Tosin Akintola, at email@example.com by March 15, 2019.
*Applicants may use essays and letters of recommendations submitted for the Common Application.