Loyola University Maryland

Graduate Students


I've just been accepted to at graduate program at Loyola. What do I need to do next?

First, you should contact your program director. Next, you should visit our Graduate Student Services website for useful and practical information about available services to help you get started. 

I plan to move to the Baltimore area soon. Where can I get more information?

Take a look at our off-campus housing registry at offcampushousing.loyola.edu.  The Baltimore Collegetown Network is also a good resource for information about things to do and Baltimore neighborhoods. Visit www.baltimorecollegetown.org.

I need funding. Do you have any resources to help me?

Visit the following sections to learn more about ways to offset the cost of your degree:

Where can I find the academic calendar?

The academic calendar is located on the Records Office website.

What are some phone numbers that I may need?

  • Admission: 410-617-5020
  • Financial Aid: 410-617-5020
  • Graduate Student Services: 410-617-2353
  • The Career Center: 410-617-5535
  • Records Department: 410-617-5033
  • Recreation/Intramural Hotline: 410-617-2993

Where are Loyola's Graduate Centers?

View directions to all Loyola campuses.

Columbia Graduate Center
8890 McGaw Road
Columbia, Md. 21045

Timonium Graduate Center
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD. 231093

Graduate students also work at the Loyola Clinical Centers and take classes at the "main campus" in Baltimore.  We commonly refer to this location as the "Evergreen campus."

Is Loyola accessible by public transportation?

The Timonium Graduate Center is not directly served by public transportation, but is reachable within walking distance of a bus stop. Bus 93 stops at the intersection of Timonium Road and Greenspring Avenue.  It is about a 6 minute walk from there to the Graduate Center.  In addition, the Timonium Business Park Light Rail stop is a 15 minute walk to the campus.

Buses #310 and #320 stop the closest to the Columbia Graduate Center. Get off at the Snowden River Park and Ride, and it's about an 18 minute walk.  Public transportation is not an ideal method for traveling to or from the Columbia Center.

The Baltimore campus, at Charles Street and Coldspring Lane, is directly served by several bus routes, including the #28 (which connects to the Light Rail) and City Link RED. For more information on reaching Loyola by means of public transportation, visit the Maryland Transit Administration and their Trip Planner.

What are the graduate campus hours of operation?

Facility hours of operation for the Timonium Graduate Center are 6:30 a.m.-10 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.

Facility hours of operation for the Columbia Graduate center are 7:30 a.m - 10 p.m., Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m on Friday, and Saturday hours are determined by schedule of classes and events. 

Where can I get my Loyola ID and parking pass?

In Columbia, ID cards may be obtained at the Event Services Office on the third floor, in room 303AA. In Timonium, they can be obtained at the Facility Management office 02 front lobby window from 8:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m Monday through Thursday, and Friday and Saturday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.  At the Evergreen campus, cards may be obtained from Student Administrative Services at Maryland Hall 140 Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

An ID card can only be printed when the semester that the student has enrolled has begun. ID cards are reactivated each semester that the student is enrolled in classes and will not work when the student has graduated or is not currently enrolled.

Parking passes can be obtained from these locations during facility hours of operation. The hangtags are provided at no cost to the student and are encouraged so that Public Safety can locate the student if anything should occur to the vehicle (lights left on, etc).

What are the dining options at the graduate centers?

Timonium Graduate Center

Snack/soda machines and a change machine is available in the 24/7 North Corridor area. Money can be deposited to the Evergreen Card (student ID card) through inside.loyola.edu by clicking on "Evergreen Card" in the Quick Links section or by going to the Evergreen Card website.

Evergreen Campus

A number of options are available at the Evergreen Campus, including the Boulder Garden Café, Iggy's Market, and Starbucks.  Meal plans are available not only for resident students, but also for commuter students.  Visit the Dining website for more information. 

How can I request help with technology?

Students can request technology help by contacting the Student Technology Center at 410-617-5555 or by email at ots@loyola.edu.

How do I forward my email?

Watch this video to see step by step instructions on forwarding your student "Live" email account to another address.

Where can I use a computer?

There are several computer labs available for student use, and most are available 24 hours/7 days a week by Evergreen ID card access. See the full listing of labs.

Are printers available for student use?

Yes, HoundPrint allows you to print at many locations at all Loyola campuses.  You can even send documents from off-campus to print at an on-campus (any campus) location. 

When using your laptop or mobile device, send an email with your document attached from your @loyola.edu address to houndprintbw@loyola.edu for black & white or houndprintcolor@loyola.edu for color.

More information about printing can be found on the Student Printing webpage.

What are the opportunities for graduate students to socialize with each other?

There are many opportunities for graduate students to meet and socialize with one other. The Graduate Student Organization has great opportunities to socialize with other graduate students at Loyola.

Where can I find a list of academic policies and procedures?

Visit University policies page to learn more about policies and procedures.

Where can I find information on disability support services?

Disability support services are available to all Loyola students with a disability. Visit the disability support services website.

Are career service resources available to graduate students?

Yes. The Career Center at Loyola University Maryland provides comprehensive and free services to all of its graduate students. Visit the Career Center website for more information.